PDA

View Full Version : Why do i think surveys are useless and kind of damaging

Renata_cmp
July 15th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Hey, so i see tons and tons of surveys here, some legit and some completely insane "tips of the nipples survey" or "nostrils suvey" or whatev's....

i feel like most of the time it's someone that have a problem with their body image and want to see whats the "general opinion" about it... like "im a guy with a chubby stomach, im gonna post a survey to ask girls how much they like abs" and it creates a circle of insecurity and feeling inadequate.

it's just making you want to change something about you based on some answers people on the internet gave to you... thats not gonna work people, you will never please everyone and changing your body for someone else other than yourself is a terrible idea.

maybe im totally wrong here but thats what i got out of most of the suveys i see on VT.

Canadian Dream
July 15th, 2015, 02:50 PM
First of all, your post is not even related to puberty... I sort of understand what you mean, but keep in mind that you're making a big assumption that people want to change their bodies. Most of the time it's when people are incertain about their bodies and need the confirmation from others that they are "normal" or should get checked out. You may be right about the general opinion partof surveys, but really you don't know how people feel when typing down those surveys, maybe that they're just curious about others and want to know more. So just be careful about what you're saying, because a survey will not reveal that this person is insecure about a certain part of their body, and even if it does it's not even your buisness. You also talk about all these weird surveys, but I haven't seen one of those in a long time so I don't know where you're looking. If you do have a suggestion towards surveys you can make it in the suggestion page in the VT HQ.

Olly
July 15th, 2015, 03:01 PM
I think they're all an easy way to reach 100 posts. I'm sure no-one reads all the replies to their surveys

James Dean
July 16th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Puberty for All :arrow2: Virtual Teen HQ

Seems to me this is an issue related to the site, and not to puberty.

Croconaw
July 16th, 2015, 07:56 AM
I agree that they are a way to make your post count go up...

DerBear
July 16th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I've always found surveys to be harmless but very much spam like. Now I totally understand where you're coming from about them causing insecurities because if you read a survey about something which you don't have bodily wise and it seems in favour of specific people liking it then it will hurt. I also find a lot of surveys to be inappropriate in general. Some asking basic questions to ease curiosity is fine but some are like 'What have you done with a guy' or something like that.

Its beyond the realm of curiosity and into either bragging rights or complete filth. One thing I think would actually help people avoid surveys would be to have an entire forum dedicated to surveys and indeed it was suggested when I was on staff in 2013 but it really never went anywhere.

Croconaw
July 16th, 2015, 07:47 PM
An entire section dedicated to surveys seems like a great idea. It can have your post count not be affected.

Abhorrence
July 16th, 2015, 07:56 PM
An entire section dedicated to surveys seems like a great idea. It can have your post count not be affected.
That's a good idea, without the post count going up extremely fast people would find surveys absolutely pointless and they would die off pretty rapidly.

Croconaw
July 16th, 2015, 08:56 PM
That's a good idea, without the post count going up extremely fast people would find surveys absolutely pointless and they would die off pretty rapidly.
I've been thinking about this, and if they die off, there wouldn't be a need for the new section. I think post count is why they're so popular, so would disabling the post count kill surveys altogether?