PDA

View Full Version : Period question?

katesmith11550088
July 14th, 2015, 06:40 PM
I am 14 years old, and had my first period on January 7th (20 days before my 14th birthday). I haven't had one since then. I know periods are irregular for the first 1-2 years and that a delay between your first and second period is normal, but it has been 6, almost 7, months and I'm not sure if this could be a problem or what is causing this. Please help.:what::what::what:

Elysium
July 14th, 2015, 07:00 PM
It took me a long time too before I got my second period. If you're really concerned, you can always consult a doctor, but I don't think it's much of anything to worry about. Do you do any type of sports or physical activity? If so, that may be contributing to the delay - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just an explanation.

SilentMajesticDreams
July 14th, 2015, 11:54 PM
It can take up to a year before you have another period...I skipped only a month after having my first however, my sister it took a year before she had her second period. And she had three children and is completely healthy. There shouldn't be anything to worry about. Maybe if you're to worried you could ask a family member? Or a doctor? They might have an answer.

Uniquemind
July 15th, 2015, 02:46 AM
There are a lot of factors that go into this:

Hormone levels in the body differ from person to person due to genetic and environmental and life choice factors.

For instance genetics is self-explanatory, and environment and life choices can be narrowed down to pollution and the kinda of foods one consumes (processed foods, chemically rich foods, air pollution from industrial pollution that mess up the endocrine system).

I know that BMI, affects estrogen levels in the body which can trigger puberty early for some, and the opposite can be true too where leaner and more muscular female body types with lower estrogen levels might even delay their onset of puberty.

Lune
July 15th, 2015, 06:03 AM
I think you should see a doctor if that worries you. Plus, more than 2 months seems very, very long to me - even in the very beginning.
I know it can happen and be nothing, but still, I think you should see a professional. It can't hurt anyway, and he will be able to answer all you questions.

Iam-Marie
July 15th, 2015, 06:20 AM
if it takes worry for you, it is better to go to a doctor.
I think 6 to 7 months between is a long time
But it is different from Girl to Girl

LucieP
July 15th, 2015, 11:20 AM
In my first year I skipped periods like crazy. But I still think you should check with a doc.