PDA

View Full Version : Click here if you play League of legends

etfboy
July 14th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Anyone here playing League of Legends? yea well the thing is whenever i lose a game or start to lose a game its becoming normal for me to hurt myself. I either hit my head punch my jaw or cut myself that is the regular stuff I do. Anyone here experiencing the same thing? if so how did you overcome?

Incase you are wondering why i get mad over game well..this is game is everything I have Its this game where i think the ONLY thing im good at and not fucking it up but I still fuck up cause I'm not good enough (silver 4 at 500 games yeah that's the struggle) And yes its just a game but i dunno for me its alot more than that.

And also this thing.. It's not just in this game I'm beginning to adapt this habit in my real life, example when i get a lowest grade in class or i get pissed off at someone I don't fight them instead I blow the steam on myself. Yes it's pretty bad

StoppingTom
July 14th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I don't play Ranked, so I can't say this has happened to me. However, I know how intense Ranked can be for some people, so my advice to you would be to take a break from that, and get some friends to just mess around with and have fun with, as opposed to winning your promos or something where that level of stress is.

Let Me Be a Pony
July 14th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Anyone here playing League of Legends? yea well the thing is whenever i lose a game or start to lose a game its becoming normal for me to hurt myself. I either hit my head punch my jaw or cut myself that is the regular stuff I do. Anyone here experiencing the same thing? if so how did you overcome?

Incase you are wondering why i get mad over game well..this is game is everything I have Its this game where i think the ONLY thing im good at and not fucking it up but I still fuck up cause I'm not good enough (silver 4 at 500 games yeah that's the struggle) And yes its just a game but i dunno for me its alot more than that.

And also this thing.. It's not just in this game I'm beginning to adapt this habit in my real life, example when i get a lowest grade in class or i get pissed off at someone I don't fight them instead I blow the steam on myself. Yes it's pretty bad

You can try breathing slowly.
You can get a rubber band, place it on your wrist and just pull it when you're feeling like that.
You can try screaming as loud as you can(this helps A LOT LOOOL.)
Oh, and a PROTIP: Cover your ears when you scream.

Abhorrence
July 15th, 2015, 01:47 AM
I don't play this game but I definitely understand this feeling. I used to play a lot of video games when I was younger and I used to have some very severe anger issues (I've managed to control them a lot more now). Whenever I lost or couldn't do something specific at a game I would smash my controller on my head or punch the controller or whatever I was generally playing on. That's how I ended up with like two broken laptops. Eventually I just decided that playing too many video games was not good for me and stopped, I only play a few now and since going to therapy and stuff my anger issues have calmed a lot.

The final part, adapting it to real life is where this is worse. I think the video game thing is bad but it is definitely stoppable but having these issues in real life can be a real danger. I think the best thing to do would be to see if you can get professional help. It sounds silly but it could really help, you're hurting yourself in one way or another and I'm pretty sure a professional could help you come to terms with why it happens and how you can help stop it happening. If you don't sort the problem sooner rather than later it could escalate seriously and that is not something you or I want to happen.

Kirina
July 15th, 2015, 07:34 AM
The disgusting thing about league is that it's made in a way where the game tells you that You suck, even tho the loss wasn't necessarily your fault.
The game don't recognize individual performance. Despite pulling enough data to do so.

Quoting a forum post that explains it better.
It seems like the matchmaking system has been a major pain point for a lot of players lately, which I believe is linked to the rating system. I would argue that our current rating system does not effectively track individual skill since it focuses too much on team outcome and not individual performance. The inherent flaw is that in a loss, a strong player may be penalized for things outside of his / her control, and in a win, a weak player may have been completely carried. For this reason, it is possible that a poor player can be frequently paired with better players and his / her Elo will rise above their true skill level. Conversely, a good player (or even a good team) can be pulled down by a single bad player. The result is that ratings are based on many, many variables outside of a player’s control, causing skill levels to shift in a rather erratic fashion. The theoretical purists will argue that over time, a player will eventually float to the appropriate Elo, but the reality is that the variability will create a lot of noise in the system as people’s ratings swing back and forth. I think anecdotally, we can all agree that our experiences with the LoL system have been extremely volatile. Also, each game takes a long time (my games average 45 minutes), so poorly matched games can feel especially long and painful.

This dilemma is familiar to anyone who's ever done a team project in class. Many people work together, but they all get the same grade. You frequently get the freeloader problem, where several people work their butts off while others slack off.

At 500+ games, eftboys true skill level is likely higher than silver 4. They just can't progress (or progression takes way longer than it should), because of how the system is made. It really sucks.

What role do you main (if no main, which are you best at?)
Do you run appropriate runes/masteries. (https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/comments/3crzm0/phreaks_updated_2015_runes_formatted_table_and/) If not enough IP, start saving. Only use IP on champions, after you got your rune pages.
Maybe find a ranked team and mainly play with them, or a duoQ partner(s).
You can have been unlucky with your placements. Consider starting a smurf, buy an unranked lvl 30 account or just wait for the new season.

forgot this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myaPYverSg8

Also what others are saying about playing for fun. Do it, you will improve regardless. Do you realize that the best player in the world (Faker), plays the game for fun? If you have ever watched his stream, it becomes apparent. He still play around and experiment. While there are other pro players that is getting bored of the game but continue because it's their career, Faker still loves league and part of reason why he still loves it so much is because he plays it for fun. If you take the game too serious, to the point where you get angry and start hurting yourself. You can never really love the game, that's a bad relationship.

Don't ever play silly champs in ranked. It's ranked games for a reason, playing AD Soraka is ruining it for other players who may aspire to become pro.
Silly champs is ok in normals tho.

However you can go off meta. Twitch is not a meta ADC right now, but it's still an ADC champion and it may always return. Trundle support is not meta, but it's going to be (trust me). Things like that, things that makes sense and can work. While AD Soraka would be just trolling and if it wasn't for trolls, you probably would be higher than silver and probably not hurt yourself. That's why you don't want to troll in ranked. It's just rude.

Tesserax
July 15th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Ok, I know it will be hard, but learn to not play to win, or even to improve. Play because you love it, play it for fun, and try your best to ignore ragers, and make it a habit to mute them all (that takes a lot of hard work and I still can't). But the moment you start playing for fun, is the same as the moment you stop hating the game when you lose, the moment you stop being so hard on yourself. I jump into ranked Qs now and muck around you know? Play champs I don't play often, champs that aren't meta, and I myself often fuck up. But that's important, playing around, experimenting, it all makes the game more fun to play, and by experimenting with new builds and champs, you end up improving yourself anyway. I'm gold V right now, highest rank Gold I last season. Just don't play it seriously, even if it's ranked, and learn to just laugh at the ragers, because they're getting mad over you fucking up, when they have no control over you. It's like getting mad at yourself because somebody tripped and broke their leg, it doesn't make sense.

Anyway, tl;dr:
1. Play for fun
2. Don't give a shit what other people say or think, because they're pussies for not daring to venture away from the meta, or try new things and are too afraid to fail
3. Remember that by failing and fucking up, you can learn from it. Every defeat, every mistake made, is just another source to learn from. Think of what you did wrong and work on doing the right thing the next time, because you can't change what you did in the past.

Finally, I have only one more thing to say, and that is to NOT play league so much. Play another game; single player, maybe all co-op and no PvP, something more relaxing and less competitive. Competitive environments can be very negative, which makes the game less fun. Try something like Maplestory, Diablo 3, perhaps Warframe or even something simple like Terraria or Minecraft

Typhlosion
July 15th, 2015, 01:50 PM
I (used to) have that problem too, mostly when playing PvP in GrandChase (RIP, #longlivethechase), once broke my bed. The best thing to do, really, is to stop playing when you realize that your stress is building up. Or just stop playing altogether. Games are made so you can have fun, not destroy your life.

StoppingTom
July 15th, 2015, 02:21 PM
I (used to) have that problem too, mostly when playing PvP in GrandChase (RIP, #longlivethechase), once broke my bed. The best thing to do, really, is to stop playing when you realize that your stress is building up. Or just stop playing altogether. Games are made so you can have fun, not destroy your life.

This! Have fun with the game, go play full AD Soraka or something funny like that. Play to have a good time, because rankings are really not important at all unless you're one of those Pro guys.