PDA

View Full Version : Infracted

Abbeys
July 14th, 2015, 07:41 AM
I have just been told by someone that if I continue with a certain behaviour,I will be "infracted".

Now that's fine but if you are going to warn of a consequence and that consequence is not explained in full that is not very helpful.

I have sent this person a PM to explain and as yet,no response.

Also,if you are going to warn somebody of a potential punishment,surely you should also be told of any time limits that apply.

If you are going to adopt a quasi legal system then that system should be through and fair to all concerned.

Rayquaza
July 14th, 2015, 07:50 AM
An infraction point is given through continued rule-breaking, so it sounds as if your apparent behaviour was seen as rule-breaking. Infraction points are a bit like mod notes, but unlike mod notes, the user is also aware of the mark against the users account. Infractions have expiry dates, but accumulating too many points at any given time before infraction expiry results in being frozen, followed by being banned. If you want to complain about staff misconduct, you should PM one of the admins (StoppingTime, xXl0sth0peXx or ImCoolBeans). But it sounds as if the staff that issued you with the infraction hasn't had time to respond yet, just be patient.

phuckphace
July 14th, 2015, 08:03 AM
If you are going to adopt a quasi legal system then that system should be through and fair to all concerned.

lmao this is a privately owned forum, so no. the person who owns the domain and pays the server bills gets to run it in whatever way they please

"quasi legal system" :lol3: next time you get an infraction you'd better call Saul

SethfromMI
July 14th, 2015, 08:07 AM
lol OP you obviously did something. The mods here on VT are actually very generous when it comes to talking to members about doing something you are not supposed to do. I don't think I have ever got an official warning, but they have very politely notified me about some very minor things. Obviously you either got the infraction because it was major or you kept ignoring them. I don't know it is not my place. but don't take it out on them, that's just not fair

Abbeys
July 14th, 2015, 08:59 AM
An infraction point is given through continued rule-breaking, so it sounds as if your apparent behaviour was seen as rule-breaking. Infraction points are a bit like mod notes, but unlike mod notes, the user is also aware of the mark against the users account. Infractions have expiry dates, but accumulating too many points at any given time before infraction expiry results in being frozen, followed by being banned. If you want to complain about staff misconduct, you should PM one of the admins (StoppingTime, xXl0sth0peXx or ImCoolBeans). But it sounds as if the staff that issued you with the infraction hasn't had time to respond yet, just be patient.

I have now heard from that person and they have been extremely helpful and courteous.

Thank you.

lmao this is a privately owned forum, so no. the person who owns the domain and pays the server bills gets to run it in whatever way they please

"quasi legal system" :lol3: next time you get an infraction you'd better call Saul

I am well aware that this is privately owned,hence no adverts.

It's good to see that your contribution to a perfectly reasonable question is reflected in your user name.

I get it now.

Did I refuse to talk to you via PM?

;)

Please don't triple post, use the multi-quote feature or edit your post instead. ~ Mike

ImCoolBeans
July 14th, 2015, 09:43 AM
In the future, if you don't get a reply immediately just be a little patient or message an administrator about your concerns. Mods are people with lives too, and it's possible that after messaging you he/she may have stepped away from the computer. You got your answer pretty quickly -- but if you would like one immediately try finding a staff member who is online or messaging an admin.

phuckphace
July 14th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I am well aware that this is privately owned,hence no adverts.

then why would you demand democratic fairness? if a forum is privately owned then it's quite likely that what you're already seeing is what the owner intended it to look like (actually 100% likely).

It's good to see that your contribution to a perfectly reasonable question is reflected in your user name.

there's no harm in asking questions about the infraction system or process, obviously. I just found it amusing that someone would feel entitled to fairness on the Internet of all places.

I get it now.

Did I refuse to talk to you via PM?

;)

:lol3: you know with posts like this I can't imagine why a mod would feel the need to tell you to cut it out. but to answer your question, no, I never PM'd you (thankfully)

ImCoolBeans
July 14th, 2015, 03:42 PM
This seems to be resolved and is going off topic now. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me :locked: