PDA

View Full Version : cravings and replacing

missfortune
July 13th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Hey I'm struggling with weed cravings. I don't know what to do. It's affecting my sleep, emotions and impulse control. It's getting really bad because I am always irritable and moody. I have been snorting my Ritalin to try and get the high and have been drinking every day. I barely sleep and I have not been eating.

I am struggling to get help because my mom is not stable. She is bipolar and has a drinking and medication addiction. I can't tell my sister because she won't understand and my dad is just not an option.

I am spiralling out of control. I can't stop thinking about weed. I start crying because I miss it that much.

How do I calm the cravings and to get it out of my mind?

Tyson S
July 15th, 2015, 01:48 AM
First thing you need to do is sit down and take big deep breaths. Weed is not the most addictive drug out their nor is it the most harmful.

One way to control an addiction is to slowly take yourself of the drug, But you need another form of activity that you find more entertaining, whether it be walking or running. My point is "what is more fun than doing weed?" Or a better question, "what tastes Better than weed?"

Now I'm not trying to be nasty but mixing alcohol into the mix is quite possibly the worst thing you can do and I will tell you why.

Weed gives you a "High" feeling making you feel "happier" and over all better about yourself.

Whereas,

Alcohol works both ways, it can help you have fun and relax and all that but it can also very much contribute to your moodiness that you mentioned. (Assumption) And because your resorting to alcohol for the time your not having weed (or during), it having a real negative effect on you because alcohol upsets the receptors in your brain causing all the behaviour as a result of the unfortunate state you are already in. In saying that, everyone's different when drinking alcoholic beverages so just keep that in mind.

So here are things you can do to help yourself.

1. Find a hobby, possibly a sport or computer games or something to keep you occupied.

2. Limit yourself with the weed and alcohol, heck just cut the alcohol completely. You will notice a change withing a week.

3. Book an appointment to see a gp. They will help you hopefully to overcome these addictions.

Also if you follow the path I suggest and you do get of the weed and alcohol completely, be careful of relapses.

Hope I helped :)