PDA

View Full Version : Helping Others

SilentMajesticDreams
July 12th, 2015, 05:32 PM
This story is actually not about me but my sister.

Way back when I was young, my sister had a friend who's mother was not a good person at all. She did terrible things to my sister and her own children. The mother was very sick, and her husband was nowhere to be found. She was to ill to get a job so the kids were going hungry. The only way they were getting was from a family member who could only give them food one a month.
There were four little children, and three older kids so the food she gave them wasn't enough.

My sister's friend came to her and asked if she could help. At first my sister was reluctant but since she was part of the church and it was her friend after all so she agreed but she still was not thrilled with helping the woman who treated her so poorly. My mom helped my sister make a dinner for them and they brought it over. The little boy answered the door and was so excited, but went and got his mom first. The woman was very grateful and thanked my sister.

My sister watched as all the children's face lit, and how honestly grateful the woman was and realized it wasn't the kids's fault, they were suffering and deserved to have a good meal and to be shown that the world wasn't all bad and even though the woman was not a good person, my sister realize she didn't deserve to starve either.

My sister kept bringing them food until they mom got better, and after that the mother was nicer to my sister.

That story taught me that even if someone was a horrible person, that doesn't mean that you have to be too, helping others is the right thing to do. That doesn't mean you have to forgive or even like the person. It just means you shouldn't become the person.

hazelteen
July 21st, 2015, 11:57 AM
this is a really important message and an inspiring story

dysterian
September 27th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Important message!