PDA

View Full Version : I'm a cutter.

SilentMajesticDreams
July 12th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I'm a cutter. I've cut now for three years but it has felt like forever, I didn't cut for awhile but I did recently for the dumbest reason I have ever had before.

I have cut off and on, the time my cutting was at it's worst was late 2013 to mid 2014, but I'm afraid it might get bad again.

I'm so depressed for no reason...so why do I have a intense urge to cut?

Wylex
July 12th, 2015, 04:43 PM
If everything made sense, the world would be a much more orderly place, but of course, there are always those that get the short(er) end of the stick. You don't have to have a "reason" to be depressed. In fact, depression is usually characterized by not having a "reason". Please don't feel like you're alone in what you do or how you feel, but look into finding someone to talk to or learning more about cutting and depression. A quick google search will find you all that you might be curious about, but be cautious and don't take everything for face value. Additionally, you can check on the sticky for help on self-harm (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/announcement.php?f=16&a=257)

SilentMajesticDreams
July 12th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Thanks, I'll go read more about it. Didn't expect a reply that quickly.

StoppingTom
July 12th, 2015, 05:25 PM
If you ever feel like chatting about anything, shoot me or another member a VM. A lot of people, myself included, sympathize with you and have gone through similar things, and I'm sure anyone would want to help you out in any way :)

SilentMajesticDreams
July 12th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Thanks. I'll remember that :)

Abhorrence
July 12th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Self harm is an addiction and the urges never seem to go away, it gets worse at times because obviously whatever you are going through you immediately resort to it in your head. Stay strong!

SilentMajesticDreams
July 13th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I wish it wasn't so addictive. There are times I regret ever cutting in the first place.

The Byrd
July 26th, 2015, 01:36 PM
I know the feeling of finding yourself stuck out on the ledge
And there ain't no healing from cutting yourself with the jagged edge
I'm telling you that it's never that bad
Take it from someone who's been where you're at

Miserabilia
July 26th, 2015, 05:28 PM
It's just an addiction, partly mental and partly physical. You can fall back into it for many reasons. The way you can stop depends on who you are. I know this isn't really good advice but it's just different for everyone.

Doc. Maestro
August 2nd, 2015, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I wish it wasn't so addictive. There are times I regret ever cutting in the first place.

I know that feeling. It started off as sort of curiosity, wondering why people do it, plus I was feeling pretty low. And then it felt so good, I had to do it more. But today I'm 44 days clean and still going, so feel free to pm me and I might be able to help, maybe give you some tips on how I did it. But to begin with, start with trying to find a less harmful way to find relief; check out the ways to stop harming if you haven't already, it has methods like using a rubber band to feel the sting.

But for me, some of these didn't work, and the butterfly project was simply too obvious so I couldn't do it, and I... "found" another method, a more extreme one but it worked so well it was crazy. I sort of partnered up with another VT member, and we sort of swore that whatever one of us does the other one does too. If one of us gives up, the other does too. That way we actually stopped each other from a number of things, which I won't specify due to their darker nature, but we did manage to stop, if not severely tone down on our self-harming.

Anyway, thanks for reading, but there's a lot more that I want to tell you but I feel I need to pm you to do that, if you're up for it. I need to:
1. Get to know you a bit better to try and understand (because the post, to be honest, doesn't have much info besides your problem)
2. Need to tell you stuff based on how/why this is happening
3. PM so that I don't clog up this area too much

Anyway, good luck, and have a great day :)

tonymontana99
August 15th, 2015, 07:53 PM
I'm a cutter. I've cut now for three years but it has felt like forever, I didn't cut for awhile but I did recently for the dumbest reason I have ever had before.

I have cut off and on, the time my cutting was at it's worst was late 2013 to mid 2014, but I'm afraid it might get bad again.

I'm so depressed for no reason...so why do I have a intense urge to cut?

Depression makes your body and mind "numb", so you cut to feel "something". I hope you realize that won't leave any positive markings, except mutilate your body permanently, if you cut deep enough (some people cut, and others "cut"). Cheer up and godspeed, dude.

Doc. Maestro
August 17th, 2015, 07:23 AM
I know to some extent how you feel. One day last year I just suddenly felt empty, like there was so much more to life, and it made me depressed. A year later I started cutting, but I've stopped now, even though it got bad for awhile. It can't be explained, you just have to accept that it is and fight through it. We don't know why the laws of physics work as they do, we only know that they are and that we must adapt to the world we have been given, so just fight through it and you'll make it through one day. Trust me.

impan1019
September 6th, 2015, 10:58 PM
if u feel like cutting message me