PDA

View Full Version : e-cigs and mods

phuckphace
July 12th, 2015, 09:19 AM
under 18's gtfo

so the other day I broke down and bought a fancy e-cig mod, the [-]Eleaf iStick 30w + Kangertech Protank 3.[/-] (UPDATE: don't get these, they suck) a couple dudes in my crew already have one, and being the follower toolbag that I am, I just had to have one. but unlike most expensive impulse purchases, this one is actually looking like a good investment

it came fully charged out of the box & the battery meter has barely moved after 3 days of drawing on it nonstop (my old Blu had to be recharged every couple hours). like most or all mods you can actually use it while it's charging. the vapor is also a lot denser and closer to actual cigarette smoke which makes it more fun to use. I started out with 16mg/1.6% e-liquid but it was too harsh and made me trip balls so I went down to a 12/1.2% and it's been great.

according to the dude who sold me the kit, each of the tiny little bottles of 16mg e-liquid is the equivalent of an entire carton of cigarettes, but unlike a carton it only costs 8 bucks. woot.

anybody else got one too?

CosmicNoodle
July 12th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Kanger KBOX 40W, rebuildable tank running 1.2Ohm coils with Raspberry Menthol 1.6% juice for the win. Clouds for days bro.

ImCoolBeans
July 12th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I have the EGO One Mini. It's an awesome mod. It's a lot smaller than all of my friends' box mods and even a little smaller than most of their drip mods too. I really enjoy it -- even though it's a 'mini' it still produces the same amount of smoke, the battery lasts for a long time and I love all of the different flavors your can get for it. It has a little bit of a smaller tank but unless my friends are ripping it or I'm ripping it like the fiend I am then it's not usually an issue.

I usually drip 6mg but want to work my way down to three. It did help my cut back on cigarettes drastically, and I've almost stopped completely. The only issue now is that I think I'm more addicted to this than I was ever addicted to cigarettes :lol3:

Allain1996
July 13th, 2015, 11:22 PM
I've got an eGo Twist tank style setup that I'm satisfied with. I've always been a non-smoker so I usually go with low (10mg) or no nicotine juice, in love with mango flavors currently.

Stronk Serb
July 18th, 2015, 01:17 AM
I trued my mom's e-cig, it tastes like crap. I'm gonna stay with handroll tobacco. Also there's not a lot of variety here.

phuckphace
July 19th, 2015, 07:56 PM
13 days without a cigarette so far, and I haven't really even thought about them at all

guess it helps that I haven't been smoking for very long. still, woot!

UTurn
July 24th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I have a sigelei 30 w box mod with a kangertech mini tank, i vape 6mg and i love it. RDA build so i get massive clouds.

phuckphace
September 8th, 2015, 08:43 AM
*bump*

yay for not smoking cigarettes the last couple of months! my protank 3 turned out to be a piece of shit and liked to leak and gurgle (sounded like I was hitting a bong) so I pitched it and got the Aspire Atlantis V1 today. huge billowy clouds AND it doesn't frickin leak. 10/10

ImCoolBeans
September 13th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I've stopped vaping since I last posted in this thread, and have started smoking cigarettes again. My mod took a hard fall and stopped working well and leaked sometimes and gurgled like yours. I haven't really had the extra money to make the investment in a better mod, so I've slipped back into smoking cigs unfortunately.

CosmicNoodle
September 13th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Much like mike my mod has suffered catastrophic failure, it fell out of my pocket as I was running up some stone stairs and smashed it'self into about a million bits, for my next mod I might do what ym friend George did and go get a mod made from solid brass.

phuckphace
September 13th, 2015, 03:55 PM
yo that sucks guys, it's funny my new tank succumbed to gravity and bounced off a tile floor the other day but thankfully/surprisingly nothing broke. it does help that the tank came with an extra glass (Pyrex?) in case it ever does break.

ImCoolBeans
September 16th, 2015, 12:30 PM
yo that sucks guys, it's funny my new tank succumbed to gravity and bounced off a tile floor the other day but thankfully/surprisingly nothing broke. it does help that the tank came with an extra glass (Pyrex?) in case it ever does break.

You're lucky. Mine broke from a tile floor. There wasn't anything visibly wrong with it, like no cracks in the tank or anything, but after that when you shook it there was a little bit of rattling and the gurgling was real. Also getting splashed in the mouth with juice every other rip sucked.

phuckphace
September 23rd, 2015, 10:08 AM
I've concluded that sub-ohm tanks, while pricier are definitely worth the investment. they have their downsides (more expensive, less juice capacity) but this V1 is definitely the best. there's no opening in the screw-base for it to leak from, and the rubber seal is serious business and not some gimpy little O-ring.

since I got my mod I've successfully avoided cigarettes almost entirely. have literally smoked maybe 2 - 3 since mid-July and never could finish them (choking and gagging). you don't realize how bad your breathing is until you quit.

TrampCore
October 8th, 2015, 09:03 AM
I tried smoking e-cigs but I think hookah smoking is funner. Have you ever tried it? Either way, I'll stick to cigarettes and shisha.

phuckphace
November 11th, 2015, 10:03 AM
haven't tried a hookah yet, probably will though

you guys should check out juices by Northern Lights - Bear Claw (cinnamon roll) is the best I've ever tried. they're pretty pricey at $18.00 for a 30mL but worth it IMO

Miserabilia
November 18th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Have one but don't use it because there's really no point in getting addicted to nicotine when I have ALL THIS WEEEED :P

phuckphace
November 18th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Have one but don't use it because there's really no point in getting addicted to nicotine when I have ALL THIS WEEEED :P

I don't think Sharia bloody allows it!

Judean Zealot
November 26th, 2015, 09:00 PM
haven't tried a hookah yet, probably will though

you guys should check out juices by Northern Lights - Bear Claw (cinnamon roll) is the best I've ever tried. they're pretty pricey at $18.00 for a 30mL but worth it IMO

I found hookah much more enjoyable than both e-cigs and real cigs, and probably healthier too.

It's only drawback is that you can't carry it around, but that's probably a good thing.

phuckphace
January 16th, 2016, 11:12 AM
welp my iStick went tits-up and ALL SALES ARE FINAL so once again I arrived at the vape shop with a fistful of cash and left with an Aspire Pegasus 70W

pros: removable battery, feels way more sturdy than my old mod
cons: fuckhuge, heavy, cost 85 shekels, doesn't print e-juice coupons

the iStick had some circuitry error where it wouldn't accept a new atomizer (ATOMIZER SHORT!) and it can't be powered down or reset except with a hammer. after acquiring the new mod I pulled a couple "dead" coils out of the trashcan and whaddya know, they work fine. I've very quickly learned that although vaping is healthier than a cig habit, it's most definitely not cheaper.

DerBear
March 12th, 2016, 05:49 PM
I've very quickly learned that although vaping is healthier than a cig habit, it's most definitely not cheaper.

This,

I find myself spending more on e-liquid than I ever did on cigarettes. Which does slightly annoy me but its my own fault cause I always go for the premium liquids. In the UK we don't have as much variety as the states do, so in order to get a lot of the highly rated e-liquids you've got to go to a vape shop or pay $25 for shipping to the UK which then is much more expensive.

On average it costs about 15 per 30ml bottle which I suppose isn't too bad but still, double what I would usually pay for a pack of cigarettes.

I'm currently rocking the Kangertech subox mini. Its pretty much stopped me smoking which I suppose is the aim. To be honest I like Kangertech a lot as they're products always genuine (if bought from a reputable retailer) and is incredibly simple to use and doesn't require much prior knowledge about vaping to use. They also do their own coil brand which means you don't have to worry about find replacement coils and can watt up to 50.

I think for my next mod investment I'll go for one that has adjustable temperature as well. However that won't be any time soon as I haven't found a mod I like that has temperature control.

phuckphace
March 14th, 2016, 11:22 PM
recently I stopped buying e-juice and coils from local stores, it's hella cheaper online. I was paying 12 - 15 bucks for a 12mL bottle and going through it way too quick, but then I found an online store that charges the same price for a 102mL bottle. I stocked up with 3 of those bigass bottles and I'm pretty happy with my current setup now - with the online store you can even customize your juice which is neato.

I discovered that a 70% PG blend is better since it makes a thinner juice which keeps the coils saturated and therefore less likely to give you a dry hit (those suck big time). I still get big clouds and my 0.5 coils last about 2 weeks at 33W. I'm on 0.3mg nicotine now since the higher blends are too harsh and give me an unpleasant head rush.

ImCoolBeans
March 15th, 2016, 10:22 AM
recently I stopped buying e-juice and coils from local stores, it's hella cheaper online. I was paying 12 - 15 bucks for a 12mL bottle and going through it way too quick, but then I found an online store that charges the same price for a 102mL bottle. I stocked up with 3 of those bigass bottles and I'm pretty happy with my current setup now - with the online store you can even customize your juice which is neato.

I discovered that a 70% PG blend is better since it makes a thinner juice which keeps the coils saturated and therefore less likely to give you a dry hit (those suck big time). I still get big clouds and my 0.5 coils last about 2 weeks at 33W. I'm on 0.3mg nicotine now since the higher blends are too harsh and give me an unpleasant head rush.

I usually use .2 coils, but a .5 lasts me like 5 days at 65W :lol3:

I should start buying juice online, though. I didn't realize it was that much cheaper. I usually buy 20 or 30mL bottles for ~$22, maybe $17 or $18 for a 20mL.

DerBear
April 12th, 2016, 03:25 PM
I usually use .2 coils, but a .5 lasts me like 5 days at 65W :lol3:

I should start buying juice online, though. I didn't realize it was that much cheaper. I usually buy 20 or 30mL bottles for ~$22, maybe $17 or $18 for a 20mL.

I usually get around 11 or 12 days with a 0.5 coil while vaping at 50W. I have to admit, vaping isn't all that much cheaper than cigarettes lol.

MattT
April 19th, 2016, 01:36 AM
I have a Snow Wolf v1.5 with a TFV4, but sometimes I like to drip and use my Mutation X PSO v4. All products are great and highly recommend!

Will Grigg's on Fire
June 4th, 2016, 07:36 PM
I used to vape pretty heavily but gave up on it since I'm not addicted. I still do every now and then for fun. I run an eLeaf iStick 30W with a Kanger Subtank Mini with an RBA on 0.4ohm (the lowest my mod can run). A mod I had my eye on for a while is the eVic VTC Mini 60W because it has a really cool feature that can turn off the regulation on it which essentially makes it a mech mod, and a 60W isn't too powerful to only run tanks (I like taking my vape to clubs/parties etc. so dripping isn't really an option for me). If I ever get back into vaping I would get that mod with just about any other tank, because my Subtank Mini leaks to much and has a very small RBA area which can't handle stuff like dual coils

Michael75
June 14th, 2016, 09:57 AM
I've a Coolfire 4 with iSub G tank - some yoke. I'm running a flavour called "Heisen Blue" in it. When I finally got my own yoke and started toking with this flavour it was weird, this is the flavour my friend was running when we got caught smoking it in school. Really was not a good memory - anyway, I got used to it but I'm starting to get sick of it, might buy another flavour soon. The flavour is high quality out of the yoke anyway, good smoke out put too. The liquids only 6mg. Bought the Coolfire last Friday, as in, Friday the third of June and I haven't charged it since. I've been taking about 6/7 tokes a day. And the battery is probably on about 40% now. It came down a shit ton today though because I had my friend over and we nearly hotboxed the whole upstairs of my fucking house

DarkHorse4eva
June 15th, 2016, 02:03 PM
I got an Eleaf Istick 50W, with a Smok TF-V4 mini coil, currently smoking 8mg nicotine, with vanilla flavor, but from on monday or so, i'll start mixing my own ejuice, with 0mg nicotine, and whatever flavor i can find. i've been using it for a few months so far, trying to quit smoking