PDA

View Full Version : hey, what does it mean that my message is being moderated?

Whos_ur_Buddha
July 7th, 2015, 09:01 PM
I am actually curious idk why yall would need to do that.

Elysium
July 7th, 2015, 09:36 PM
New users are automatically put on VM moderation until they've been a member for three months and they've acquired 250 posts (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on those requirements, it's been a while for me). It just means that a moderator has to approve all VMs you send before anyone other than staff can view them (though if you leave a VM for someone else, they'll get a notification about an unapproved VM, but they won't be able to see it until it's approved).

Moderators check for pending VMs often, so it's not as huge a delay or inconvenience as it sounds. It's for fairly obvious reasons, I think; we do catch a lot of rule violations this way.

Whos_ur_Buddha
July 8th, 2015, 01:14 AM
I've been on for almost 2 years though this kinda irritates me. Honestly I love the site but I didn't know y'all came back online till recently. It sucks that I cant pm to I'm really not the talkative type. :/ I mean its a good idea but I feel as though I'm being punished for being shy...

Elysium
July 8th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Believe me, I know how you feel, but it's really not a punishment. It's not that big of a hassle and it's effective in catching a lot of rule violations. You're not that far from 100 posts, either. I'm sorry it bothers you, but the only thing I can really tell you is that you'll just have to get your post count a little higher. (I do really know how you feel, though. I didn't hit 1000 posts until some time after being hired as a moderator, and a lot of my posts now come from moving and locking.)

Plane And Simple
July 9th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Elysium, those are the right requirements, 250 posts and 3 months :p

As stated, it's necessary, and you can get to 100 soon, but I feel you too, took me a year to get to 100