PDA

View Full Version : What is your view on dogs?

Broken Toy
July 6th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Yeah so how do you view dogs? Some people use them as guard dogs so kind of see them as a service/tool whereas others see them as family.

Personally, i treat mine practically human. He's a dalmatian which are a fairly smart breed so he demonstrates understanding of a lot of english. He eats out of bins in the house a lot and just out of habit he actually understands the phrase 'i dare you'. He knows that means not to do something.

I also feed him slightly less than is required for a dog his size (5stone 9ish, he's giant for dalmatian standards, 5feet long too) because i share all of my food with him. Obviously he doesnt get chocolate or much sugar but i tend to give him like a third of my stuff. If im eating toast i eat 3 with butter and he gets a plain one, he gets to half fruits with me, gets part of my meals.

So the question is, how do you view and treat dogs?

DriveAlive
July 6th, 2015, 07:18 PM
I dont own any dogs (I am a cat person) but the vizslas I hunt with have their own personalities and are intelligent. I think of them as hunting partners instead of tools.

SethfromMI
July 6th, 2015, 07:20 PM
pets can be like your best friend whether it is a cat or dog. so I totally get it

Abyssal Echo
July 7th, 2015, 12:50 AM
I have 6 dogs. yes I share my food with them, so I totally get what you are saying.

Iam-Marie
July 7th, 2015, 04:52 AM
I think that's still ok. I just crazy when people put their dogs the same clothing such as jacket and hat. and I think it is abnormal when the dog is allowed to sleep in the same bed

http://www.sammlung-kurios.de/images/b/b0/Pudelanz%C3%BCge.jpg

Broken Toy
July 7th, 2015, 06:58 AM
I dont put my dog in clothes he only gets a coat when its raining as hes a short haired dog.

He gets to sleep in my bed though, mostly because i feel bad putting him in the kitchen.
Hes in there from 8 until 3 when i go to school, and he doesnt seem to like it in the kitchen on a night. I think its actually helped his bond with my family though, as he will bark if he thinks a stranger is in the house, and he doesnt bark any other time

SethfromMI
July 7th, 2015, 08:07 AM
I think that's still ok. I just crazy when people put their dogs the same clothing such as jacket and hat. and I think it is abnormal when the dog is allowed to sleep in the same bed

image (http://www.sammlung-kurios.de/images/b/b0/Pudelanz%C3%BCge.jpg)
lol it is abnormal to let the dog sleep in the same bed? many people who have cats or dogs wouldn't think twice about it

Abhorrence
July 7th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Dogs are so amazing. They are my favourite things in the entire world along with the sky and space and reading and music. I think they're so fricking cute, like every single dog ever. If I see a dog I have to stroke it and speak to it because they are so nice and anyone who says a dog is inherently nasty are lying, it's just shit owners. I've had loads of breeds of dogs that are considered "nasty" and well they got great upbringings and were all lovely and sweet and never dangerous. I could literally have a dog eat my arm and I'd probably apologise to it, I don't even know why. Children seem to hate me but whenever I'm around a friend's dog they just come to me and love me and I'm like yesssss.

Idk why I got so hyped up but ya know dogs.

http://i.imgur.com/HqsiEct.gif

Atempinfer
July 7th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Well.

Microcosm
July 7th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I love my dog :D

https://igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11352921_1630061567240933_1915775964_n.jpg

She's really great. I think dogs really are man's best friend and they have been for thousands of years.

Broken Toy
July 7th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Dogs are so amazing. They are my favourite things in the entire world along with the sky and space and reading and music. I think they're so fricking cute, like every single dog ever. If I see a dog I have to stroke it and speak to it because they are so nice and anyone who says a dog is inherently nasty are lying, it's just shit owners. I've had loads of breeds of dogs that are considered "nasty" and well they got great upbringings and were all lovely and sweet and never dangerous. I could literally have a dog eat my arm and I'd probably apologise to it, I don't even know why. Children seem to hate me but whenever I'm around a friend's dog they just come to me and love me and I'm like yesssss.

Idk why I got so hyped up but ya know dogs.

image (http://i.imgur.com/HqsiEct.gif)

Well im not scared of any dogs and i have been bitten by one before. I fell over and he thought i was playing as a dog so he bit my side. Had to wear a padded patch for a couple weeks because he really got me. Didnt get the dog put down or anything he just thought he was playing.

I definitely have an understanding with dogs, like i can go and stroke ones that are vicious or passive, you just have to show them you arent battling for dominance most of the time, just be on their level and mostly keep your palms in view and open

I agree people should be hyped over dogs

TheAP
July 7th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I used to be scared of dogs, and still can be rather apprehensive around them. I like them, though, and try to treat them kindly and gently. My aunt and uncle have two mini-schnauzers, who are adorable.

Silicate Wielder
July 7th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Dogs are great, and over the years my dad tried to get me one, but we never had the money to afford taking care of one, it's always been cats that we keep because my sister is always jumpy around dogs when she doesn't know them.

I don't really see any sense in putting clothes on your dogs, aside from a raincoat when it's actually needed. (Because everyone knows dogs smell when they're wet) I mean, come on! it's like you're trying to turn that dog into a child. If you want one that badly either adopt or make one with your partner.

I also don't see anything against cats either, as long as they're declawed or know well enough to not use their claws to climb on you. Some cats are really good about this.

Finally, wether it's a dog or a cat, I don't see any harm in letting them sleep with you in bed.

phuckphace
July 9th, 2015, 09:51 AM
I don't mind dogs usually

it is annoying when I visit someone and they've got a huge 90-pound whatever that barrels through every room in the house at blinding speed, as close to a bull in a china shop as you can get

or the tiny ones that YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP at every bird, squirrel and animate object that catches their notice

sometimes I prefer cats for their aloofness and low maintenance, but a good dog is still better than an okay cat

hazelteen
July 19th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Haha,
Well I have a bonkers working English springer spaniel who is 6 months old. He is VERY clever in that we Have thought him: sit,lye down,paw(where he offers his paw for you to shake), roll over, and leave it and take it(where you can balance a treat on his paw and take it means he can have it).

BUT he is not clever in that he will eat anything that he sees.

We also have a strict rule that he only eats treats we give him and his food in his bowl at meals. Obviously toast (without spread) or baked chicken is fine but only if it's not from our plate!

Btw I LOVE Dalmatians <3 (and what a massive dog as well!)

Let Me Be a Pony
July 19th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Dogs... I hate it when I eat my food and a dog sees me.
They start barking and they look in your eyes whilst you eat.
When it's dark, my dog howls when he's too afraid to jump off the couch, so I got to go to the room where he is to help him(he does that on purpose, that nasty bitch).
When it's night, when my dog hears another dog, he goes ape shit.

Annoying, yes.

Meh Guy
July 19th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I love doggies ^.^

everlong
July 19th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I'm more of a cat person, but dogs are pretty cool.

Jaffe
July 19th, 2015, 01:48 PM
My view on dogs? They are dogs. Just dogs, period.
Same with cats and chickens and pigs and whatever.
I have no pets, don't want any, too much work and too much emotional attachment.

Unlucky
July 21st, 2015, 12:28 PM
I currently have three dogs and they all sleep on my bed every night. I treat and love them like family. I think having a pet of any kind is an experience all people should have.

hazelteen
July 21st, 2015, 02:50 PM
I grew up in with a bad home life, never felt loved by my family and was too shy to get close with friends.
Then I got my first dog, a rescue, and it was the first time I felt loved.
Being considered my best friend would be an understatement, I don't know a word big enough to describe him, but he saved my life.
My situation was so bad at home that I was considering ending it all at just eight or nine years old.
And I know I would have if it weren't for him.
So I guess the word I'm looking for is hero.

I currently have three dogs and they all sleep on my bed every night. I treat and love them like family. I think having a pet of any kind is an experience all people should have.

awww that is such a heartwarming story! I have a six month old puppy and I love him to bits <3

Riley2015
July 29th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Dogs make great pets and they are very loyal. They need a lot of attention and need to be treated kindly, never mistreated or neglected. Its cruel to do that to any pet. All pets should be regarded as a member of the family and looked after well :yes:

Babs
July 29th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Big dogs scare me a little bit. Mainly because they could probably kill me if they wanted to. But they usually don't try so 7/10 dogs are nice.
My dog is a small dog, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and he couldn't harm anyone if he tried. He's everyone's great grandpa with Alzheimer's who will hobble from one room to the next and call it a day. He somehow is outrunning death after several close calls.
He's poorly trained (entirely our fault) but he's smarter than he likes to let on. He has faked an injury on multiple occasions and has plotted various schemes to get into the trashcan that we place out of his reach.

eta: 4 days after I posted this, my dog has died. RIP.

lliam
July 30th, 2015, 04:57 AM
I'm only in very big dogs. Unfortunately not my folks.

maggs
July 30th, 2015, 05:48 PM
I love them, they're the best pet ever. I've a puppy that is 6 months old =)

Sandybeaches
July 31st, 2015, 06:47 AM
Definitely treat them as one of the family, my old dog I had when i was growing up was more like MY dog than the family, we used to go off together all the time. Since she passed away and we have our current Westie he was pretty awesome, but obviously no dog is ever going to be the same.
My mum shows him off in competitions but when he is at home he can do whatever he likes, I know some show dogs have really strict owners and never really enjoy themselves.

Hase
August 12th, 2015, 04:24 PM
I'm not a fan of dogs.
Although I find puppies sweet but by big dogs I hold a large distance.

THJKIGB
August 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM
My Pup is 6 months old and I love him to pieces. He does get into things, but he still is very fun and loyal.

jennyem
August 16th, 2015, 12:41 PM
I grew up with a dog in my family home until I was 14. I love them. When im older and have a family of my own I'll definitely love to get more!