PDA

View Full Version : Bathing Lake and Public Nudity

Leon03
July 4th, 2015, 09:41 AM
It is super hot in Germany right now so my friends and I spend our weekend on a bathing lake close to our city. We love to go there because there is no "dress code". No one cares if you swim or tan nude or with your bathing suite on.

In Germany nudity on public lakes is tolerated if no sexual intention goes along.

Now we are wondering if nudity in this way is legal in the place you guys live?

Would or do you go to places like our lake?

Just JT
July 4th, 2015, 10:03 AM
In general nudity is not allowed in public places of any kind innthe usa
There are like campgrounds and stuff likemthatbyou can join that are clothing optional
There are a few places that are secluded areas that are known to be areas that people go to nude sunbath, but is technically illegal
In most states if you are found to have exposed yourself in public, you could be arrested, charged with a crime, and forced to register with the police department in the town you live work and worship in as a sexual offender, even if you simpleton a leak on the side of the road
Extreme opposite of what most of europemis like
My dad took me to Europe a couple years ago, I was like wtf!! But I liked it!!!

Jaffe
July 4th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Heh. Sucks here! Nude swimming - and all public nudity - is against the law in Los Angeles County. And they enforce it. I have heard they have nude beaches up in San Francisco, but its coooooolllld up there.

In the Netherlands, its allowed almost everywhere. Last year, when we went to Amsterdam for my Gramps funeral, we went to a spa because my parents needed to relax. They and my older sister did the massage and sauna thing. My little brother and I just went swimming in the way-too-hot pool and did the sauna. It was all nude. And the hotel we stayed in allowed nude swimming, which we did because the water was a lot cooler and nicer.

I've been to a few other places, including lakes and beaches, and I liked it a lot. But not here at home, which is one of the few things that sucks about LA. Nudity is a huge taboo here. In fact, some kids parents even petitioned the school to require the swim team to wear jammers. So stupid, they are afraid of seeing skin.

Vermilion
July 4th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Wouldn't be allowed in the UK unless it's a nudist place. It would be public indecency

Leon03
July 4th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Sounds like we are super lucky here in Germany.
Actually many lakes have their assigned "clothing optional" areas so that nudists and clothed folks would not mix.
It is even more fun to jump into the cold water in my birthday suite now :P

SethfromMI
July 4th, 2015, 10:37 AM
haha yea not too many places in American you can simply go completely naked. not legally anyways

Vermilion
July 4th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Sounds like we are super lucky here in Germany.
Actually many lakes have their assigned "clothing optional" areas so that nudists and clothed folks would not mix.
It is even more fun to jump into the cold water in my birthday suite now :P

Trying to make everyone else jealous :P

Leon03
July 4th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Trying to make everyone else jealous :P
For sure :P

Hideous
July 4th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Now we are wondering if nudity in this way is legal in the place you guys live? Not really.

Would or do you go to places like our lake? Heck yeah, I definitely would.

zack.zack
July 4th, 2015, 11:05 AM
where I am from its against the law to be nude outside of a nudist or clothing optional camp ground, there are no public places around to be naked legally, but I know of people and places where there nude swimming goes on. I have been and would go to places like that if it were allowed.

pjones
July 5th, 2015, 11:57 AM
there are private resorts here in florida, went to one last year with my dad and brother and making plans to go again this summer. there is also a section of beach me and my friends heard about that isn't easy to get to, and we go nude there sometimes, but not often. it is illegal, but not patrolled as much now as during big tourist times when mostly college kids go there.

nothing better than swimming and sunning in the nude.

jockeyboy97
July 6th, 2015, 10:00 AM
I wish that here in the US public nudity was more relaxed like in European countries. Lucky European Countries. I had my first nudist resort this past experience and it was the best experience in my life.

Sports Boy
July 6th, 2015, 10:51 AM
I'm at the beach a lot and after seeing some of the people on the beach I'm ok with nudity being illegal.

LilEmma
July 7th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Topless is ok in Finland, but not nudity. I'm not sure if there are any public nude beaches. Probably some.

Cangirl
July 8th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Its legal for girls to go topless on the beach and in parks i think but there is also a nude beach about an hour away.

pconnor2001
July 8th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Nudity is not legal in most public places in USA. There are a few legal nude beaches though. Florida-California-New York--google nude beaches in USA--

I have never been to a nude beach but might be fun to try. But might be shy getting naked front of girls.

We all skinny dip in friends pools though all the time. So far its only been other boys and only girls ever seen us was a mom and they don't count. Tee hee!!

Seahawks15
July 8th, 2015, 09:00 PM
There's a few clothing optional areas in Oregon but nudity in public is not exactly my cup of tea.

Hudor
July 8th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Now we are wondering if nudity in this way is legal in the place you guys live? No I don't think it is. I haven't seen any such place here ever.

Would or do you go to places like our lake? Definitely.

Daniella98
July 9th, 2015, 12:35 AM
I live in Denmark, the small country north of Germany. Even though its a small country we have a very long coast. There is this one rule: You cant forbid anyone to be nude on any beach.

We do have several beaches where everyone does it. So nudist stick to them.

Plane And Simple
July 9th, 2015, 01:33 AM
It's not legal in Spain either. We have nude beaches and being topless is fine in them. I don't know about lakes, though but I suppose they'd have similar laws.

I'm not quite sure if I'd go

agfc99
July 10th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I hope it stays super hot in Germany, I'm going to Berlin in 3 weeks time to visit my aunt. I'd love to visit a nude beach/lake coz there's none that I know of in Scotland but I'm wayyyy to shy to go through with it!

CuteGuy889
July 10th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Small kids are seen in lakes, rivers and beaches just playing in water nude...older onese >10 and teens mostly are in undies or swimwear.....We do to theses stuff always unplanned so I end up getting to water just in my briefs....But wet skimpy briefs and panties are as good as nothing..!!!!!

SethfromMI
July 11th, 2015, 09:14 AM
I hope it stays super hot in Germany, I'm going to Berlin in 3 weeks time to visit my aunt. I'd love to visit a nude beach/lake coz there's none that I know of in Scotland but I'm wayyyy to shy to go through with it!

aw you shouldn't be man :) .besides in that environment, people don't think twice about it

pjones
July 11th, 2015, 12:41 PM
aw you shouldn't be man :) .besides in that environment, people don't think twice about it

if it's a true nude area nobody will stare, so relax and go for it. i bet you would have a great time, i do

Leon03
July 12th, 2015, 12:02 PM

You should try if you get the chance.
And once you are among nudist on a beach you will definitely feel odd with your boardshorts on :P

agfc99
July 12th, 2015, 03:57 PM
if it's a true nude area nobody will stare, so relax and go for it. i bet you would have a great time, i do

You should try if you get the chance.

And once you are among nudist on a beach you will definitely feel odd with your boardshorts on :P

I'll mention it to my family and see how they react, my parents are pretty conservative so I don't think they'll go for it, my uncle is German though so he might be willing to take me. Thanks guys :)

hazelteen
July 22nd, 2015, 11:40 AM
No, you'd probably get arrested in UK :lol:

james smith
August 16th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Not allowed in India also

lliam
August 16th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Not allowed in India also

Hmm, then what's about those naked dudes swimming in the Ganges? Do they've exemptions?

james smith
August 16th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Hmm, then what's about those naked dudes swimming in the Ganges? Do they've exemptions?

It's actually that the mindsets of the people here is a bit conserved and it is not considered good to be naked and showing off your body in public. Whereas talking about the ganga, its the people's religious beliefs that they consider bathing over there as good but that too is also not fully naked.

lliam
August 16th, 2015, 02:48 PM
so, then that's common ... means ... accepted because it's religious?

THJKIGB
August 16th, 2015, 04:03 PM
I don't think it is legal in most public lakes in my area which is on the East Coast of the United States. There may be private lakes that allow nudity, but the public ones are wearing a bathing suit all the time.

mychalo
August 22nd, 2015, 10:38 AM
We have a private yard so we swim nude in our pool.

Porpoise101
August 22nd, 2015, 11:56 AM
so, then that's common ... means ... accepted because it's religious?
Yes kind of. India used to be very socially liberal (except for castes) in some ways. Before colonialism, homosexuals, trans people, and nudity were accepted. When the British came, they brought their morals. Indian behaviors were considered barbaric and backwards so they were 'fixed.' The only thing they couldn't change was religion. Because of that, ritual bathing continues on as it had for the last 4000-6000 years.

Colton8
August 22nd, 2015, 01:36 PM
I'm in California and I haven't been to a place like this but I think I'd like it

SAO Pokemon Hunter
August 29th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Where I live it's illegal to go nude in public places but not too far from me is a nude beach and the UK does have a lot of nudist/naturist resorts anyway so no one can really complain, although it is costly but we'll priced if it's membership

SkyClad33605
September 2nd, 2015, 06:32 PM
There are a few beaches in Florida that are officially clothing optional. But I know a few secluded spots where you can be free and not get hassled.

I would and do go to those spots.

pjones
September 3rd, 2015, 06:03 PM
There are a few beaches in Florida that are officially clothing optional. But I know a few secluded spots where you can be free and not get hassled.

I would and do go to those spots.

my and my friends have a spot too we go to when we can

jennyem
September 5th, 2015, 08:42 AM
i've heard the whole 'nude beaches' thing is more of a european thing

sonnenstrahl
September 5th, 2015, 09:43 AM
without problems in Germany. Here it is also allowed to drive naked a car.

Alex_M
September 5th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I am fairly sure its illegal to be nude/topless in public here in England - I havent seen anyone do this at the beach or anything (but it barely gets hot enough for bikinis here hahah).

I have been to France and Spain on holidays and seen toplessness and little kids naked on the beach - no one cares!

I also know they have nude beaches in Vancouver and Toronto (I havent been, just seen on maps and signs). I also know its legal to be topless in Ontario, but never seen when I was there - even at the beach and it was like 30C+

CuteGuy889
September 6th, 2015, 06:58 AM
In public beaches,lakes, ponds, fountains and canals there are no "dress codes".
Until I was 4 my mom used to take all my clothes off and I'd happily play in water.

Until about 13 or so she got me to take my pants and top off so that I get to water in my briefs..at the end she'd get me to take them off too for 1 more dip to clean the dirt off down there and get me to wipe and wear dry clothes.

As teens we sometimes had proper swimwear on but mostly take the tops and pants off and get to water in our undies...to cool off..

Now whn our skinny teen bodies are getting a bit softer we try to stick to broad shorts and sometimes tank tops (to hide a starter tummy).

Of course when changing u can catch a glimpse of private part or a boob but there never is nudity as such..All are comfortable with that I suppose.

kayla...
September 11th, 2015, 12:58 AM
It's only allowed in places like official nude beaches like the one near us, but then there are some well known unofficial spots that you get away with it at
Mostly if no one is around to complain we try

Meruedu
September 11th, 2015, 02:13 PM
On the beaches and at the lake, heck yeah we're allowed nude (not that it's very popular)! Some young women take off their bras to get an even tan, but I won't do that >_<. It's pretty common for women to be topless, even on crowded beaches, but it's not the same for the bottom part or males. Only on secluded ones people can take off all of their bathing suit. I'm not really a fan of that though.

Cadanance00
October 15th, 2015, 05:30 PM
I think it's illegal to even think about being naked in texas. We went to a place on a river but it's on private property and we had permission of the owner. Wish we lived closer.

angelina
November 27th, 2015, 01:44 AM
Topless is ok in Finland, but not nudity. I'm not sure if there are any public nude beaches. Probably some.
i heard it is in Czechoslovakia and in many Russian countries..in Japan too..
In Japan public bathing place like ONSEN are available..all used to bath in nude

LanaPole
November 27th, 2015, 05:55 AM
i heard it is in Czechoslovakia and in many Russian countries..in Japan too..
In Japan public bathing place like ONSEN are available..all used to bath in nude

youre right. in Russia and Ukraine topless is ok on many beaches. Theres nude beaches as well. kids can go topless almost anywhere. not sure about czechoslovakia. im sure nudity or topless is not ok in England

in Japan most hot springs got separate male and female. a few are mixed. Ive traveled to there before.

tootiny
January 30th, 2016, 10:19 PM
I was raised like that but live here in Texas. Nudity is normal at my house. But we didn't do it when people are visiting.

azure moonstone
January 30th, 2016, 10:22 PM
I was raised like that but live here in Texas. Nudity is normal at my house. But we didn't do it when people are visiting.

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: