PDA

View Full Version : The pill

Boo_itsem
July 3rd, 2015, 01:34 PM
Do any of you know how to get hold of the pill cheap or for free?
Also does it lower your fertility rate when you are older or is that just rumours because I'm scared that it will because I really want kids when I'm older but due to genetics fertility rate decreases rapidly at about 20 😣

Thanks 😊

ClaraWho
July 3rd, 2015, 02:22 PM
You're in England, go speak to your GP. They are best placed to advise, prescribe, and it's 100% confidential. They could clear up your misconceptions.

~ Clara

Emmaaa
July 4th, 2015, 05:09 PM
I'm on the pill and I just went to my doctor about it. We had a long chat about different contraceptive methods that were available and because of my really heavy periods we decided that the pill was best as that can reduce and stabilise your periods.

If you stay on the pill for years and years and years it may affect fertility but myself and like most girls - we don't plan to stay on it that long
Just until things settle down and we become less "active"

My doctor says that she'll review my prescription every 6 months anyway to see how things are going.

Fiction
July 4th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Your GP or a sexual health clinic and some nurses at schools and colleges can prescribe you the pill for free.

The pill does not effect long term fertility at all, in fact studies have shown if anything it may improve it! After stopping the pill, however, it can take a few months for fertility to return to normal but it does return to normal.

Your GP will be able to advise you on the best method for you because nowadays there are many more options than just the pill and sometimes it's just a case of trail and error until one works for you! :)