PDA

View Full Version : An IRC room in place of the current Java Chatroom.

Meganium
July 3rd, 2015, 09:20 AM
So I haven't been on chat in a while, but I've recently read about a lot of issues with it. And IIRC I've have some stability problems with it back when I used it as well.

Since Chrome no longer supports Java, and the applet seems to be shitting itself often anyway, why not replace it with an IRC room made specifically for VT?

Setup wouldn't be to complicated, I believe it's free, and moderation would be just as simple as it is now.

I help moderate a smaller subreddit at reddit.com and we have one up 24/7. If there's any questions you have I can get the answers from the guy who heads the moderation of our chatroom. It seems to be a safe chat option that's universal to all VT users, even mobile ones, so I think it would be a great idea to implement it.

ImCoolBeans
July 3rd, 2015, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. You can refer to my post here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3168938&postcount=4) about the topic.

IRC is one option. Others are also being considered.

Rayquaza
July 3rd, 2015, 05:34 PM
IRC would be pretty good, people on mobile clients could join with ease and it means we don't need to be on the website to use the chat room (mIRC etc), I support this :thumbsup:

TheMatrix
July 4th, 2015, 03:04 AM
I'd be willing to host a server for you guys (they cost next to nothing nowadays) and even make it so you can only log in there if you're a member here.