PDA

View Full Version : Possibly may have fucked up

Broken Toy
June 29th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Yeah so i talked to this friend about something but i ended up mentioning something about self harm (ive been her friend for 5 years, i also try to tell my close friends to get over my trust issues) and she was being a bit pissy at the time and said 'everyone already knows you self harm'. Yeah ive been caught before but i never admitted it so assumed everyone forgot but thinking that all your friends may know and you cant even ask is a shit feeling

xXoblivionXx
June 29th, 2015, 05:30 PM
that really sucks, I'm sorry that happened Brandon

SethfromMI
June 29th, 2015, 07:06 PM
that wasn't cool on her part. sorry that happened to you man

Jaffe
June 29th, 2015, 07:51 PM
That kinda sux. But dont use it as an excuse to keep self-harming.

TessaBear
July 1st, 2015, 04:47 AM
That's super crappy. I've gotten rude remarks too. Cut toxic people out of your life. It makes things twelve times better, trust me.

Broken Toy
July 1st, 2015, 07:50 AM
I know like 10 people who know, im not very good at hiding things, but to think like 100 people might know and they havent said anything is really weird, because im like suspicious of my friends as to whether they know.

I'll try and stay strong guys thanks

Jaffe
July 1st, 2015, 09:31 AM
I know like 10 people who know, im not very good at hiding things, but to think like 100 people might know and they havent said anything is really weird, because im like suspicious of my friends as to whether they know.

If they haven't said anything, maybe its because they respect your privacy. Thats a good thing. Sometimes the best thing is to have people who know your secrets, but just dont say anything.

Abhorrence
July 2nd, 2015, 07:04 AM
Everyone at my old school new I had issues with depression and suicidal tendencies because of several incidents. The first time was around two or three years ago and my maths teacher was basically taking the piss out of self-harmers and I got up threw something and called him a cunt and stormed out. So, that was, I guess, a stupid thing to do which made it obvious but I was 13/14 at the time. The next few times were obvious in PE, I wore long sleeve t-shirts for it and it just made it obvious when my excuses were stuff like "I'm cold" when we were indoors. Then finally in my last year I was taken out of school in an ambulance because I had overdosed.

Nobody ever said anything to me either, only a few people ever mentioned it. People do respect your privacy to your face but when you're not there, they love gossiping.

Broken Toy
July 2nd, 2015, 07:32 AM
Everyone at my old school new I had issues with depression and suicidal tendencies because of several incidents. The first time was around two or three years ago and my maths teacher was basically taking the piss out of self-harmers and I got up threw something and called him a cunt and stormed out. So, that was, I guess, a stupid thing to do which made it obvious but I was 13/14 at the time. The next few times were obvious in PE, I wore long sleeve t-shirts for it and it just made it obvious when my excuses were stuff like "I'm cold" when we were indoors. Then finally in my last year I was taken out of school in an ambulance because I had overdosed.

Nobody ever said anything to me either, only a few people ever mentioned it. People do respect your privacy to your face but when you're not there, they love gossiping.

In my experience, everyone knows everything up here. But the problem is i talk to quite a lot of people so if people know something about me it gets talked about a LOT. I remember last year when i spooned someone in a hut in the rain (i'm not exactly normal :P) and i got like 100+ people asking if i bucked her in the space of a week.

Its just hard because things spread fast and i dont know if anyone would mention if they knew, because its not the same as usual gossip

StuckInTheLie
July 20th, 2015, 09:29 PM
There's always the possibility that she was just steaming and didn't mean it. Maybe SHE knew, and just assumed everybody else did, too. And hey, if nobody mentions it, it never happened, right? :)

Tesserax
July 27th, 2015, 08:04 AM
That's a hard situation, I'm afraid to say I'm not so sure what to do. But to begin with, I feel your best bet is confrontation. And be sure of yourself. Tell your friends how you feel, and be confident about it, and if they try to brush you away, then don't let them; leave on your own volition. And then feel good about it, because they were not worthy of being your friends, or of anybody's friend. They are not kind enough to care, and that makes you so much greater than they could possibly be.

Good luck, have a good day :)