PDA

View Full Version : Control?

Broken Toy
June 29th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Yeah so i'm going to self harm. Like i dont know when but its on my mind and it isnt going away so i know i will. Ive done everything and these thoughts never go away so i cant do that much.

My question is: what can i do to control it. Ive done some silly things because at the minute i just dont have any control over anything in my life (or it feels that way) so i want some methods to stay in charge of what im doing so i dont do anything silly

Fiction
June 30th, 2015, 03:06 PM
What you're asking is really difficult to do in a healthy way. it's why a lot of people self-harm but trust me, self-harming results in such a horrible do wards spiral you are better off never doing it.

As for feeling in control I suppose the best thing is to try and take control, be proactive and getting what you want. For example if you want good grades, work hard for it, that is in your control. If you're not happy with your friends while try and find new ones, if you're bored, find a new hobby.

Self-harm won't make you in control of your life, it will give you the illusion of control until one day you realise that it's the self-harm controlling you.

Abhorrence
June 30th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Try to take the emotions out in a different way, if you feel the need to harm yourself then maybe a really hard workout routine might be a good way. I mean you definitely feel pain after exercising extremely for a while and it may satisfy the need slightly.

TessaBear
July 1st, 2015, 04:46 AM
Self harm is absolutely horrible... Try keeping a hair tie (not a rubber band, those are too flimsy) on your wrist and snap it when you feel bad. I've done it to the point of bruising before but it helped. Try keeping a diary of how long you've been clean. Try to break your record each time you self harm. If you can avoid it at all, please do. I've lost so many people and partners because of the scars on my body.

Broken Toy
July 1st, 2015, 07:46 AM
Thanks guys, i just dont know how to deal with things any other way, ive relied on it for like a year and a half and its just a go to thing. I have been clean for like a month and it was a month before that aswell, which is odd considering i was doing exams that whole time, but i can just feel myself going backwards.

Thanks though guys, its nice to have some things to try

UTurn
July 1st, 2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah so i'm going to self harm. Like i dont know when but its on my mind and it isnt going away so i know i will. Ive done everything and these thoughts never go away so i cant do that much.

My question is: what can i do to control it. Ive done some silly things because at the minute i just dont have any control over anything in my life (or it feels that way) so i want some methods to stay in charge of what im doing so i dont do anything silly

What is it in your life that you feel as if you can't control?

Broken Toy
July 1st, 2015, 06:38 PM
What is it in your life that you feel as if you can't control?

I dont know if its completely rational. Im just not sure who my friends are, im having some trust issues, im having some paranoia and i think im going round in circles. My mind seems to exaggerate every problem at the minute

UTurn
July 1st, 2015, 07:41 PM
I dont know if its completely rational. Im just not sure who my friends are, im having some trust issues, im having some paranoia and i think im going round in circles. My mind seems to exaggerate every problem at the minute

Hmm... I'm not really sure what to suggest.. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat, maybe if I knew some more I might be able to come up with something better to help?

SethfromMI
July 1st, 2015, 08:03 PM
oh man don't do it. try to find another way, even if you need to go to a counselor (which you probably should) but don't start self-harming yourself. it is never a good thing