PDA

View Full Version : Laxatives

xXoblivionXx
June 29th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Can they be used safely for weight loss in addition to exercise and relatively clean eating?

I have a small history with not having healthy eating habits. I don't want to start an eating disorder again. But I really want to get thin and toned. I feel better about myself when my stomach is empty... so I guess that's where the laxatives come in.

niceguy44
June 29th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Using laxatives for weight loss can become addictive.just stick to a healthy diet and add some fibre eg bran. Eat fruit in moderation especially rhubarb and prunes

CuteGuy889
June 29th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Dont even think abt it...I too once tried "dulcolax" when I first noted that my skinny waist is getting a bit soft...Then on my way back from school I got this massive urge...I pretended like a tummy prob to my aunt who was driving us home.....She got me to take my pants off and sit on a plastic sheet atop her car seat in my briefs in case an I lose control to save my pants....A bit of poo happened and my sis and 2 cousin sisters in the minivan jiggled whn they got the smell....Walking in my poopy briefs from car to the loo in my aunt's were the most embarrassing moments in my life....

I continued laxatives only on week ends but gave up later cos despite that my weight was creeping up and I accepted my changing body....Looking back after 3y I'm now 20kg heavier but still manage to look slender dressed and skinny-fat undressed cos initially I was sooo thin.

SethfromMI
June 29th, 2015, 06:59 PM
no not for weight loss. I would never want to use them at all unless a doctor made me

Jaffe
June 29th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Is there really a difference between using laxatives vs throwing up? I'd think they are both hurting you.

xXoblivionXx
June 29th, 2015, 09:11 PM
I guess so.. I'll try my hardest to just eat clean and healthily. Fiber is like a natural alternative so I'll make sure I'm getting plenty of that

Babs
June 30th, 2015, 12:46 PM
This is not a place to ask for diet tips. :locked: