PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody driven a Tesla?

Uniquemind
June 29th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Has anybody driven a Tesla Model S?

If so what's that like and what is the reputation of anybody young or old who has one?

What's it's prestige factor basically?

Sasha M
July 1st, 2015, 01:16 PM
I haven't driven one but I have been in one. It was on display at a mall in Québec City. Very nice. On first glance it looks like a very nice sedan, but once people realize it's a Tesla, it becomes a very prestigious car to behold.

Cognizant
July 1st, 2015, 02:51 PM
I live in the city where Tesla is headquartered, so I see a lot of them on the roads. They're meh. They hold that pretentious factor that comes with any >$60,000 USD luxury car with the added expense of having lower cruising range then it's internal combustion engine competitors.

chrisawesome
July 1st, 2015, 09:13 PM
Well I have seen a few teslas. The reputation behind them is not nececerily filthy rich or car enthusiast, but more of a environmentally aware bunch who is looking for a sports car. People who give 5 shits as compared to my 1 shit about the earth can spend large amounts of money on stuff they are enthusiastic about. I see maybe 1 Tesla a week. They are usually the sedans. Just like we have a desire to have nicer things such as spending $70,000 on a suburban or Mercedes you can barely afford and remodel that house and take out a second mortgage, environment nerds do the same. In my opinion I would rather buy something like a corvette, M4, or even a Alfa 5c. If it doesn't roar when it flys it's not a real sports car. Sorry!

WintersuN
July 2nd, 2015, 04:36 AM
I think you're going to be hard pressed to find somebody, somehow.

mxracing21
July 6th, 2015, 01:00 AM
With how torque is delivered on an electric vehicle I would love to drive one

mikielikesit
August 16th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Never driven one but I would love to

Cognizant
August 21st, 2015, 04:06 PM
I would definitely rent one or maybe lease one for a few months or something, but I wouldn't want to own one

xXoblivionXx
August 21st, 2015, 06:44 PM
I wish, it would be cool to drive

Lobster
October 12th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Nope. I hear they have lots of torque though. I want to try out that Insane Mode on the P85D.

redrider12
December 24th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Yep. It's weird. I'm used to my big truck, so any sedan/coupe feels weird. But the Tesla is REALLY different. It doesn't make any noise or turn any corners. It just gets up and goes. Probably one of the touchiest-accelerating cars I've ever driven. But yeah. They're fast. Since the motors are all electric, there's no run-up time. They kick right in producing full power. And then add Insane Mode. Wheeeeewie.
I'd think that for the 60-90k price range, faster cars could be had. I've always been a sucker for a good-ole V8. Tesla just drives me crazy.
And whatever idiot decided that a 15" vertical touchscreen could replace every switch and knob in the dashboard on the newer models was crazy. Hell, even the shifter is embedded in the touchscreen. It's a pain in the butt, frankly. At my carwash, only managers and supervisors are allowed to drive them simply because they're so fidgety. And the training course specific to Teslas is around 5 hours long - just to drive them onto the wash conveyor and ride them through at the end. No other car, not even a stick-shift Murcielago, needs that much coddling

randomuser123
December 28th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Would love to try one but I haven't had the chance. I would imagine it has similar prestige to a low-end Mercedes - classy af but a bit posh?

redrider12
December 28th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I'd compare it to something like a Merc CLS550

randomuser123
December 28th, 2015, 09:20 PM
I'd compare it to something like a Merc CLS550
Precisely. Not too posh as to be unheard of, but pretty damn classy nontheless.

redrider12
December 28th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Although as far as Merc goes, the CLS is pretty upper-end. It's right up there with the S-Class (550-600). I got the privilege of test driving a 2016 S600 for my dad's client and that thing is like a 4-wheeled orgasm on the road. Simply stunning.
Only thing they have above those two are the AMG line or like the Maybach line

randomuser123
December 28th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Although as far as Merc goes, the CLS is pretty upper-end. It's right up there with the S-Class (550-600). I got the privilege of test driving a 2016 S600 for my dad's client and that thing is like a 4-wheeled orgasm on the road. Simply stunning.
Only thing they have above those two are the AMG line or like the Maybach line
Arguably the ML and GL are above the CLS too, though they are 4x4s; albeit luxury ones.

redrider12
December 28th, 2015, 10:54 PM
I'd rather the CLS over those two every day. I see MLs and GLs, essentially the whole line relatively often. I like the ride of the CLS

zaccary
December 29th, 2015, 07:46 AM
I havent' driven one, but a friends dad had one. He would pick me up from school and take me home. Real nice car, but i have to say the touch screen is huge. like obnoxiously huge.

Maria16 Here
December 29th, 2015, 12:45 PM
My dad's friend has one and I have ridden in it with him

Txfri1350
January 5th, 2016, 01:59 AM
Yes I have. My dad used to have a 2015 Mercedes S600 and then also just got a Tesla. I love driving it. He will let me drive it to school when he drives the Mercedes. I love the technical features.

Roby98
April 16th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Too expensive. Can't afford one.

Uniquemind
June 8th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Thread officially bumped by me the original poster indefinitely partly because this thread will now include talk about any new Tesla Model X and Tesla Model 3 cars.

YouTube
June 10th, 2016, 09:00 PM
The new Model 3 is good in theory (making Teslas more affordable (somewhat)), but I don't think replacing all of the physical buttons with a touchscreen was the way to go...