PDA

View Full Version : Scented Tissues

Abbeys
June 26th, 2015, 03:23 AM
A friend noticed I had some scented tissues in my handbag and she said they are bad for young girls and her mum doesn't let her use them.

I,m really confused now because I thought they can make things smell nice(down there) especially when you are out and about and can't give as much attention to personal hygiene as you normally would.

Anybody got any opinions?

LucieP
June 28th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Ive heard they can cause bacterial infections but I think I would rather smell nice and run that risk!! But I only use mine for 'emergencies' when I cant get to a shower right after training.

Babs
June 28th, 2015, 09:11 PM
You shouldn't use anything scented on your vaginal area. It can seriously mess with your PH balance or give you a UTI. Only use unscented products.

Uniquemind
June 29th, 2015, 03:28 AM
You shouldn't use anything scented on your vaginal area. It can seriously mess with your PH balance or give you a UTI. Only use unscented products.

Yup this.

Those corporations be saying all kinds of things when marketing hygiene products saying "natural this" and "safe that" and "flushable". (Natural turned out to be a vague legal marketing term, safe turned out to be redacted with a warning to check with your doctor first, flushable meant it was flushable but could still clog the toilet because of the percentage of fiber ratio in the wipe)

Point is trust none of it, half the time it's gonna come down to testimonials and basic understanding of science and common sense about your body.

Some people are more sensitive than others. Some might be able to use those products and be fine but a majority end up with UTI infections or other stuff.

(Ph is taught in high school biology, you just have to apply that knowledge to your own body systems).

Vinegar sometimes works well with odor control as does diet change.

Abbeys
June 29th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Thanks all.

That's very helpful.

On balance then,emergencies only.

Abbey

XXXX

LITTLEANGEL16
June 29th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Hiya Abbey yea anything I have read says not to used scented tissues or even scented soap on the vagina area.
That is good to know, thanks for asking X

Laibachd
June 30th, 2015, 11:13 AM
never heard anything bad about them :0