PDA

View Full Version : Nicotine Not Addictive For Me?

Allain1996
June 24th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Ok, so this is gonna sound kinda strange, but I'm honestly curious if anybody else here has a similar situation.
Basically, I've been regularly using e-cigs for about a year now, I've always used juice with nicotine in it because it's pretty much all you can get in my area unfortunately (hoping to find a vape shop and get myself some 0% nic juice soon).
In that year though of regular usage I've never seemingly developed any type of addiction to the nicotine. If I want to I can go weeks without touching my e-cig and not even think about it, and I usually only use it every few days when I'm bored anyway. The only thing that keeps me coming back to it is that I enjoy the flavors, but I have absolutely no craving for it or anything.
It just seems strange to me because I know how addictive Nicotine is supposed to be and I don't get what's prevented me from getting any type of addiction to it...?

TylerK
June 25th, 2015, 04:00 AM
Could be because there is a low concentration in the e-cigs. Also you might just have some generic juice that uses low-quality nicotine. E-Cigs can be dangerous if you're not buying from the right source, you never knew what's in them. Anyway some people can be resistant to nicotine, and you might be one of them.

Rayquaza
June 25th, 2015, 06:39 PM
No I totally get that. I [sometimes] smoke when I'm out getting drunk. But I never want to smoke at all in general. Although it alarms me when people say it's the beginning of an addiction when you think at first you're not addicted, and then you're suddenly buying packets.

Babs
June 25th, 2015, 10:49 PM
I know a few people who vaped to help them quit smoking. They just vaped for two weeks then never picked it up again. I'm not sure why, but maybe you're in the sane boat as them.

CosmicNoodle
June 25th, 2015, 10:50 PM
You only use it every few days, and you use juice, a lot of juice can have a low nicotine concentrate, the coupling of the two is probably why, nicotine is addictive no matter who you are.

conniption
June 25th, 2015, 11:46 PM
I smoke cigarettes pretty often (almost every day, if I'm being honest), but I've never felt a craving for them. However, I usually only smoke them after I've smoked pot, so that's probably why I haven't developed an addiction to them.

The Faulted
June 26th, 2015, 12:54 AM
i smoke cigarettes, but i never feel the need to have one. i just like the way it feels, but i don't ever crave one or really want one.

UTurn
June 30th, 2015, 10:46 PM
I have a vape and I use 6 mg/ml nic juice and I vape consistently throughout the day and basically every day, but then when I go on vacation or whatever, I have absolutely no cravings/necessity to continue using it.

I know nicotine is super addictive, which is how people get hooked so easily on cigs, but the concentration of nicotine is sooo much lower in a vape/e-cig that it is, at least what I assume based on my experience, much harder to get hooked. Now if you use a juice that has for example 24 mg/ml nic then that would be much closer to how much nicotine is in a cigarette.

So basically I would say you probably won't get hooked on a vape considering how much less nicotine is in the juice than in a cigarette, but you can still get the buzz from the nicotine, which is how people use them to get off of cigarettes. I would definitely recommend that you don't ever up the nicotine because you definitely don't want to get hooked on nicotine, as addiction to anything no matter what it is, is not a good thing.

Hope this helped answer your question :)

squares
July 1st, 2015, 05:41 PM
I'm the same way, I smoke cigarettes and I can easily go a week or two without