PDA

View Full Version : I don't know

idekw
June 24th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Before anything I'd like to point out that I am by no means underweight as I am 6 foot 200 currently

Recently I started really wanting to lose weight. I started drinking a ton of water and I started eating way less. This started when I was about 218 pounds roughly 3 weeks ago.

I now get full really quickly and I rarely WANT to eat. However, when I am forced to sit down at the table or go out to dinner, I find myself overeating and I feel awful about myself. I don't want to be eating when I do it but I just do.

How do I resolve this?

Jaffe
June 24th, 2015, 12:56 PM
I have no experience on trying to lose weight. But my parents have this thing about eating....

You eat a bite, take a drink, and talk to people at the table. Then do it again.
In my house, even though my parents allow it, second helpings are rare (except during growth spurts, when anything edible in any amount is fair game). The idea is, if you eat slow, you get full and you stop eating.

Maybe they overdo it, since I am really skinny. But I suspect a lot of that is genetic, too.

Fiction
July 3rd, 2015, 05:34 AM
If you have cut down your food intake drastically the binging is probably due to that. If you set yourself realistic weight loss goals, perhaps use exercise more than calorie counting, then you perhaps won't binge so much.

Binging and feeling guilty for it is a really dangerous cycle so try and solve it before it becomes too engrained.

Also eating too much and treating yourself sometimes is not a problem!

Laibachd
July 3rd, 2015, 07:40 AM
One thing i can suggest is try chewing your food MUCH longer. Count 44 chews before swallowing at each piece.

And exercising while reducing calories intake really does help!

Andyyy95
July 3rd, 2015, 08:04 AM
I have no experience on this matter, but eating much less than you should be eating will only lead to a dangerous lifestyle.

I can probably only suggest exercise / keeping fit as an ideal solution to weight-loss, but you should consult your GP/doctor for some better advice.

Emerald Dream
July 3rd, 2015, 08:04 AM
The OP is banned. :locked: