PDA

View Full Version : Read this :)

Doc. Maestro
June 24th, 2015, 05:03 AM
Hi people, I thought it might be useful to share my thoughts, though they may be hard to implement.

Anyway, I view people as having an "emotion bar", a real-life game mechanic where people store up their emotion in a sort of mana bar. But it works differently naturally.

As the bar fills from daily events, you have to let out the emotion somehow, maybe you cry, maybe you laugh, maybe you're angry. Doesn't matter.

But for many of us, myself included, we bottle up the emotion because we don't want people to see what we're thinking or feeling, and eventually we reach a cap, a limit. Once it reaches this limit it becomes dangerous, and I have "exploded" a couple of regretful times during my life, though sometimes it can also simply "leak out".

Anyway, when it explodes or leaks, mostly what comes out is negative emotion, whether that be the need to feel angry, sad, or even feel pain.

Now I know that pain isn't really an emotion, but it's part of the whole spectrum; it is the result of the confusion of the emotions as they leak out, mixing together. The confusion results in people needing to get a grip somehow, and this causes you to need to grab onto a particular feeling to stay grounded in the real world.

I am a self-harmer, and I have lashed out in ways beyond just self-harm. My self-harm is to protect others, because I have hit before, I even sent somebody to the hospital once. I know from experience that this is true.

But that's where you can control it, the emotion. Feel angry, feel sad, feel something, but you don't have to direct it towards yourself. Punch a bag, maybe scream, maybe cry. If you have to feel something, get a cushion and punch a wall hard with the cushion in between. You will still feel the pain from the impact, but you won't draw blood which is more important.

The main thing is, you can control this, each and every one of us is strong enough to do so, and in our confusion of emotions and pain as we reach our limit, we often feel that we can't, that others are moving away from us, but they're not, and we can.

Each and every one of you sitting in your chairs reading this might be thinking that I'm just talking crap, it's bullshit, and cool, think that. But just keep thinking about it, for all our sakes, and we will do this.

Anyway, thanks for reading guys, I hope this helps. PEACE!!!

Note: This is a repost from the cutting and self harm section, as I felt it needs more attention. This is sort of trying to you take control again. I know the concept might be strange, but hopefully you can use this :)

Vermilion
June 24th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Thanks for yours post :)

Microcosm
June 24th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Very thoughtful.

It's really great to see this positive thinking coming from you as well. That makes me happy. :)

DoodleSnap
June 27th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Very true, and very insightful.
Expressing emotion of any kind, and communicating and being honest about it is so important to being happy and healthy.
I personally find that writing my thoughts and feelings down helps a huge amount, as it allows me to let my mind be at rest.

dysterian
September 27th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Thank you :)