PDA

View Full Version : Major Depression/Sluggish Cognitive Tempo

Melodic
June 19th, 2015, 06:19 PM
So, recently I went through official testing. I was tested through therapists as well but my mom realized I didn't have a few signs for Bipolar so she went and took me to get officially tested. We found out alongside Aspergers (which I was diagnosed with before so I know a bunch), I have Major Depression and Sluggish Cognitive Tempo. I'm aware of the basics for both, however is there anyone here that could give me some information or any advice?

Microcosm
June 21st, 2015, 08:40 PM
The best thing you can do is extensive research. However, I'll tell you what I can.

So, major depression seems pretty self-explanatory by the name. It's like uncontrollable bouts of sadness, perhaps, or it could be mood swings and such. That's what it seems to me because I and others in my family have experienced severe depression.

As for the sluggish cognitive tempo, you'll just have to research that one I think. I don't know much about it.

Melodic
June 23rd, 2015, 04:34 PM
The best thing you can do is extensive research. However, I'll tell you what I can.

So, major depression seems pretty self-explanatory by the name. It's like uncontrollable bouts of sadness, perhaps, or it could be mood swings and such. That's what it seems to me because I and others in my family have experienced severe depression.

As for the sluggish cognitive tempo, you'll just have to research that one I think. I don't know much about it.

Thanks for the information. I'll look the rest up.