PDA

View Full Version : My artwork

Misfit Troy
June 19th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Man! It's been a long time since I've posted! I know, I know, I'm probably super weird for liking to draw like this, but I would love to know what you guys think. :)

http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/Drkblueyoshi/library/Drawings?sort=3&page=1

Another quick note, I tend to not post stuff like this because I get grouped with people known as those people, and I think it's a bit unfair, just because I like one thing. Anyway let me know what everyone thinks ^.^

kev99
June 19th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Ah, those people... :D (I know, I often get the "oh, he is one of *them*" just because I enjoy reading or drawing... I stopped trying to understand who "them" were long ago :) )

Anyway, the pics look nice, but some look like copied from existing models. Is that the case? (note I don't think it is a bad thing, I just wanted to know).

I see some proportion issues. Example in "Miku" girl: her eyes are too widely spaced (count that the space between eyes is about one eye wide) and the head is too big for her body.

I also did not like the woman colored in yellow+brown, because the brown was not evenly covering paper (one can spot the pencil stroke lines), and also because it has no shading effect (the color is the same everywhere, but it should be darker where light doesn't go).

I think your pictures would look better if you first traced a "skeleton" (a stick-figure thing on which the more complex drawing is then built). Poses seem somehow stiff now, and I think it would help to get more natural ones (and better proportions too).

Don't get me wrong, I like your drawings! I just think you can do much better ones!

Misfit Troy
June 20th, 2015, 12:00 AM
Thanks ^.^ Yea I'm not the best with shading, so sometimes I tend to avoid it all together rather than shading it and ruining the entire thing. I don't like tracing pictures, but for a lot of them I used different references.

lliam
July 29th, 2015, 08:40 PM
i really like pic 2. reminds me of a shuriken.

Bixoorpp
August 30th, 2015, 04:10 PM
all pics are great!

Jkat547
October 27th, 2015, 05:55 PM
You have some great drawing skills. Your work is really good! I wish I could draw people like that. I can only draw flowers and aliens lol.

Hideous
October 27th, 2015, 06:12 PM
You have some great drawing skills. Your work is really good! I wish I could draw people like that. I can only draw flowers and aliens lol.

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity :locked: