PDA

View Full Version : I just started self-harming

pleasehelpnow
June 13th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I've only ever self-harmed once-yesterday-and I don't know if it even counts. My friends were being rude and exclusive so I sat down away from them. I was leaning on my hand and I scratched my face. For some reason it helped me calm down. I'm scared it will become a habit, even though it's only happened once. I don't know what to do.....

Abhorrence
June 13th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Easiest advice to give is don't do it again, stop before you even start.

Coldfire
June 13th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Just stop, it only gets worse if you start.

avri
June 14th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I agree, it's much more difficult to stop the longer you've been doing it. You really don't want this to turn into something big...it can ruin a lot of things.

Good luck :)

Tesserax
June 23rd, 2015, 07:46 AM
Stop before it's too late, as humans we have a natural tendency to addiction, whether it good or bad. We get addicted to certain things, songs, habits, thoughts, and this self-harming counts. Do your best to force yourself to stop, because it's like a drug, the more you do it the worse it gets

Fiction
June 29th, 2015, 05:32 AM
You're in an ideal position at this point to stop it from becoming a real problem, because trust me if you carry on it will become a lifelong problem. You might not be self-harming all your life but the urges last forever. On top of that you'll develop scars that you can never get rid of, and doing normal things like going swimming or wearing short sleeves will become a cause of shame and embarrassment.

It is completely within your power right now to stop this, and I assure you that if you don't you will probably regret it as long as you live.