PDA

View Full Version : Overeating

Rhony
May 26th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I think I have an over eating problem . An hour after eating anything (beside a large meal, like a full chipotle burito large and a large drink) I'll get the same hunger feeling. Its gotten so bad that I've gained 30-40 pounds.

Ridonks_CB
May 26th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Are you perhaps stressed out, or feeling down when you get these feelings to indulge?

WanderingHeart
May 26th, 2015, 05:27 PM
It might be the whole stress eating thing, if you're feeling stressed out, I have the same thing too where I just eat when stressed. It could be that, or maybe you're really bored.

It could also be that you're not drinking enough water.

Mil1dreded
May 26th, 2015, 05:29 PM
As crystal said have you got anything stressful or depressing going in your life I gained weight when I was depressed if not I'd consult a doctor to see if they can help or maybe diagnose you with something then help you to find a solution

Microcosm
June 4th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Rhony,

Try cutting down on the eating little by little. Like try to refrain from this over-eating and address the fact to yourself that it's a serious problem and you can't let it get out of hand. It could ruin your self-esteem if you let it get too bad.

If ever you get to the point where you absolutely cannot control it, then consult a doctor. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out.

Airrd
June 4th, 2015, 11:56 PM
If you eat your food slower you will fill up and not have eaten so much maybe? That works for me sometimes if I eat slow I will not be so hungry

CuteGuy889
June 5th, 2015, 07:13 PM
May be u are distracted while eating? do u have ur TV on, do u eat with ur GF?? reading?

My GF used to distract me when eating cos she thought I was too skinny and getting anorexic..( I kinda was!!)

She'd slowly undress me to my briefs checking out & making fun of my body. Then get me to sit in front of TV & make-out, belly rub, eat, chat and unknwing I've been "tricked" to a whole lot of high cal stuff....

Skinny me became chunky me & got 20 kilo heavier with this.!!!

Straya
June 9th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I think I have an over eating problem . An hour after eating anything (beside a large meal, like a full chipotle burito large and a large drink) I'll get the same hunger feeling. Its gotten so bad that I've gained 30-40 pounds.

you might just be thirsty your body sometimes gives you hunger signals when it really wants a drink so before you eat try drinking some water first

Jaffe
June 9th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Cola drinks make you both thirsty and hungry. Is that 'large drink' a coke?
Meals should be slow and social. If you can't talk, you're eating too fast. Small servings last the whole meal if you take time to talk and think and eat slow and enjoy it.

Hey you
June 11th, 2015, 01:13 AM
If you eat your food slower you will fill up and not have eaten so much maybe? That works for me sometimes if I eat slow I will not be so hungry

You should try what he says.

Elena_
June 14th, 2015, 06:38 AM

Hey , that happens to me too !! I love eating and Im always hungry lol Im not fat tho , but Im trying to control myself. If Im eating too much , I think "If you eat more cookies (for example) , you wont be able to wear bikinis or you will have more strech marks, so you better stop" This may sound stupid , but it works :)

Blazefire
July 6th, 2015, 03:44 AM
I dont like food :O its so exhausting to chew it. may be you should try indian food because they are spicy enough to reduce your hunger. i think you should change your diet for more healthier food.

Dune
July 6th, 2015, 12:57 PM
I dont like food :O its so exhausting to chew it. may be you should try indian food because they are spicy enough to reduce your hunger. i think you should change your diet for more healthier food.

I can second this. Also try to reduce drinking soda and certain beverages, which are known to include ingredients such as sodium which is supposed to make you thirstier or hungrier. Also when I'm super hungry, I drink water until I feel almost full, which really suppresses those urges to pig out.

xXoblivionXx
July 8th, 2015, 03:08 PM
this happens to me sometimes.. i'll get anxious and binge eat

Sheilae
August 15th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Probably it isn't even hunger but a habit. Beat it, just simply tell yourself 'I won't eat until my next meal.' And have portions that are good for you, and nutritious! It should nourish you and not be used as a distraction or a habit. And I KNOW it's easy said and NOT easy done bc I have bulimia and if I don't tell myself to stop I go eating all day. But you have the key, you gotta stop it and you can! Go for it! (:

AliceTaylor
October 28th, 2015, 06:39 AM
When stressed, one must keep healthy snacks close by at all times. If you're not truly hungry, have a glass of water instead and try to divert your mind.

qede
October 31st, 2015, 12:42 PM
find the cause - probably stress. Remove the cause and overeating will go away

Cristina15
March 17th, 2016, 06:19 AM

I think the best thing to do is to find the cause (stress ?). Then you must understand that eating thins kind of food (chipotle burito, etc..) is junk food and then not healty...

Lina756
September 5th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Avoid excess intake of fatty or spicy foods.

jxxx_z
September 13th, 2016, 01:20 PM
If it's stress that's causing this, try joining a gym! Working out is a great way to blow off steam, and lose the extra weight you say you've put on

Endeavour
October 19th, 2016, 05:24 PM
This thread was bumped. :locked: