PDA

View Full Version : People who have stopped...

Fiction
May 25th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Do you think it every truly leaves you?

I stopped cutting regularly 3 years ago, I think i've only cut two or so times since but have been close many many more times.

What I would give to do it again and not have to worry about the cuts being seen.

Does it ever really end?

Castle of Glass
May 25th, 2015, 04:27 PM
i don't know. I am in the same boat as you. I just want to cut. I makes everyhting easier for me. Less stress, anxiety, anger, all that. It made me be able to function. now its just if i do it, will it be seen and if so by who and urgh. i just want to return to cutting everyday....

Deleted User
May 25th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Do you think it every truly leaves you?

I stopped cutting regularly 3 years ago, I think i've only cut two or so times since but have been close many many more times.

What I would give to do it again and not have to worry about the cuts being seen.

Does it ever really end?

It's been a year and idk, I still think about it a lot. I try to think of spots that won't show or I won't have to worry about covering and after this long it's a bit harder and you'd think I'd be happy about that but I just get frustrated.

Babs
May 25th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I have small urges from time to time, but I'm able to move past those. It's not hard for me to not cut anymore, even though I still know where all my tools are.
I quit well over a year ago albeit with a few slip ups since then, and I feel fine. I wear short sleeves and have my scars exposed, although I sometimes get self conscious about them. Otherwise, the feeling is just gone.

It is very hard for a while for some people. You just have to be strong.

Professional Russian
May 26th, 2015, 05:22 PM
I can't tell you I quit because its only really been a week for I was clean for along before and think this relapse proves that It never really goes away

Dark_Desires
May 27th, 2015, 12:55 PM
After 5 years of just cutting no i don't think it leaves you but it does get better eventually.

Only reason i ever really relapse is when things get really bad or stressful.
Someone special once said to me relapse is a part of recovering and i do
kinda believe that now.

Conqueror of Hearts
May 31st, 2015, 03:32 PM
I don't think it will ever really go away...I stopped cutting for a year, then I started again...then I stopped again. I haven't done it for a year now, and I rarely feel the urge. And when it comes it goes away quickly, though I have to admit I am pretty happy and stress free.

As far as I'm concerned, you have to come to that happy place in life to stop doing it...you can't fight it if you're sad, depressed. Of course that I worry about things, I do get sad, but generally I've learned how to be happy on a daily basis, no matter what's going on around me.

-xx

City Kid
June 3rd, 2015, 01:19 PM
I can't really say I've stopped. I relapse about once every month before stopping again for a while. But even so I can say that it really depends. Sometimes when I'm depressed I don't even think of cutting again, but other times I can't think of anything else. I guess resisting gets easier over time, though.

EllieWonderland
June 4th, 2015, 04:22 AM
I feel you, I haven't done it for a couple years now but every once and a while the thought just comes creeping back into your mind.

Abhorrence
June 5th, 2015, 07:09 PM
I doubt it will ever end.

paletanner
June 6th, 2015, 10:30 AM
my grandpa was a smoker. he quit way before i was born. he said he still feels the urge to light up, mostly around other smokers, but he learned that you just have to tell yourself you don't have to do it. you already stopped. you don't have to do it. you need to train your mind, occupy it with something else. i hope this helps.