PDA

View Full Version : Drinking

ValentinClarke
May 24th, 2015, 06:06 AM
I'm 14.5 and I've been invited to the afterprom with the year elevens (16 and 17 year olds), and there is going to be a lot of alcohol. However, my mum says that I am not allowed not even one drink, because we don't know the effects on me yet. But I'm going to look really weird if I'm just drinking juice or whatever, so I wanted to have like half a beer or something, cos then I'd seem okay, and mum wouldn't know. But mum says she would know if I even have one. What should I do?

Bull
May 24th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Mum knows best. Listen to her and do as she says. My question is why are you, at your age, even going to the afterprom party? btw, not everybody drinks alcohol at parties. If you go you won't look "really weird" if you are not drinking beer or whatever.

ValentinClarke
May 24th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Mum knows best. Listen to her and do as she says. My question is why are you, at your age, even going to the afterprom party? btw, not everybody drinks alcohol at parties. If you go you won't look "really weird" if you are not drinking beer or whatever.

I'm friends with a lot of them, and I'm one of about 10 people from other years to go to it. I've got school on the day, and the day after.
these guys do drink a lot, I know them quite well

Babs
May 24th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Puberty :arrow: Alcohol, Drugs & Meds.

SethfromMI
May 24th, 2015, 09:28 AM
listen to your mom. one your underage, so if you, for some reason, got caught by the police, your busted. two, since this is your first time, I am going to guess you do not have a good plan for hiding the fact you have been drinking even in such small quantities. third, all it takes is one drink to begin an addiction. just don't

Abyssal Echo
May 24th, 2015, 10:10 AM
listen to your mom. one your underage, so if you, for some reason, got caught by the police, your busted. two, since this is your first time, I am going to guess you do not have a good plan for hiding the fact you have been drinking even in such small quantities. third, all it takes is one drink to begin an addiction. just don't

Yes you'll look strange just drinking juice, but no ones going to know that there's no alcohol in it. Anyway I agree with Seth listen to your mom.

Lost in the Echo
May 24th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Well, this will be tough for you either way. Even half of a beer will be extremely difficult to get off of your breath ( or any alcohol, but beer has a really boozy smell ), so there's a good chance your mother will find out.
So would you rather look weird drinking just juice, or deal with having your mother pissed off at you? From this point of view, it's pretty much a lose/lose.

From what I comprehend in your post, though, you really do not want to drink, correct? Then don't. Why give a fuck what a bunch of teenagers think of you. Don't live your life for other people. Don't succumb to peer pressure, especially if it involves alcohol/drugs/cigarettes etc, because you will just end up regretting it afterwards.

GoGoDiego
May 25th, 2015, 10:39 AM
If your mom tells you not to drink, might as well not to go to that party.

Strange though, my mom was the first one who taught me to drink last January haha.

Braves15
May 25th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Yeah, like everyone else is saying, mom knows best. Think about what really matters. Do you want to look good for people you barely know & will probably not even remember a day from now or your mom who you will know your whole life. Common sense. Make your mom proud man(:

Ridonks_CB
May 26th, 2015, 01:57 AM
When the hell was it considered weird to drink juice? You're still only 14 and a half, there's no reason for you to do irresponsible things such as drinking to please anybody or look cool/mature. Personally, I don't think drinking at a young age makes you look mature whatsoever. Mummy knows best, please listen to her. And juice is yummy anyway, who cares what people say - why would they come up and just ask you what you're drinking anyway.

CuteGuy889
May 29th, 2015, 07:26 PM
If U R 14 please listen to ur mom. We did. At 14 U R still a small kid.....Whn I was 14 my mom used to choose the clothes I got to wear including undies and used to take my pants off whenever I fall asleep. Infact she used to feed me cos I was so thin.!!!

Human
May 29th, 2015, 08:49 PM
It depends if you're feeling rebellious or not, in the UK in this day and age people drink as young as 12 sometimes, the first time I drank I was probably twelve, I won't advocate it and say you should but half a beer won't do any harm

Skyes
May 29th, 2015, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't really recommend it. If you've never drank before then you don't really know your limits and parties, like any other social gathering, can pressure you into something you don't want. It's really not worth to be honest and you're risking getting yourself into unwanted trouble and potential regrets for your age. The time will come when you feel and are prepared, but there's no need to force yourself to do it now.

jssixna
June 4th, 2015, 01:58 AM
A low dose of alcohol would probably get you drunk since its your first. It's easy to notice a drunk person by their look and smell, and the way they talk. Be careful

Legs
June 14th, 2015, 10:08 PM
I'm 14.5 and I've been invited to the afterprom with the year elevens (16 and 17 year olds), and there is going to be a lot of alcohol. However, my mum says that I am not allowed not even one drink, because we don't know the effects on me yet. But I'm going to look really weird if I'm just drinking juice or whatever, so I wanted to have like half a beer or something, cos then I'd seem okay, and mum wouldn't know. But mum says she would know if I even have one. What should I do?My Mom is really awesome and I know if I was in your situation I would not drink even 1 beer. If you do and your Mom finds out you have a lot of other troubles waiting for you, especially losing the trust from your Mom.

Stronk Serb
June 17th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Agree with above posts. If it comes to drinking, take one beer and stretch it for the whole evening. Just sip one drop every 5 minutes. Avoid alcohol because at that age, it can mess up your growth, both of the body and brain. I have an alcoholic friend, he's barely coping with school because it killed off his brain growth, not to mention weed made him brain dead.

Amber Alert
June 17th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I can't give you great advice because at the age of 14 is when I started drinking, smoking cigarettes and weed. Like everyone said though Mom knows best and you should follow what she suggests.

Felicia_
June 24th, 2015, 01:06 AM
I don't like being drunk and think it's unhealthy but I've grown up around wine because we live on a farm surrounded by vineyards
Moderation and even less for young people I guess
I don't think I'm damaged

BDNick
June 24th, 2015, 02:40 AM
DON'T DRINK, it's not good for you and your brain doesn't fully develop till around 25 and it's illegal for your age. Take care of your body. If someone asks you why you're not drinking then just say you already had one or say you put some alcohol in the juice. Don't fall for the pressure, if they're really your true friends then they shouldn't care.

Felicia_
June 24th, 2015, 03:29 AM
Who told you it was illegal for my age?
Half a glass with a meal a few times a week isn't affecting my brain development

CharlieHorse
June 24th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Who told you it was illegal for my age?
Half a glass with a meal a few times a week isn't affecting my brain development

we actually don't fully know that, but who cares. it's probably minimal if anything. drink up

Felicia_
June 24th, 2015, 04:49 AM
It's legal at home if your parents serve it here
It's an ancient thing
It's not like crazy amounts of sugar and artificial stuff in it

Iam-Marie
July 2nd, 2015, 01:21 PM

even if it's stupid for you, listen to your mother. renounce before you get worse. In a pinch, you can even tell you, upset stomach due to illness may not use drinking alcohol.

Laibachd
July 2nd, 2015, 07:23 PM
Itīs up to you to decide whether you want to listen to your mother or do it your way

Reise
July 13th, 2015, 09:59 AM
The first time I get drunk I was 14 years old. Whisky.
Don't do that dude, you will be dead in less than a hour ahah.