PDA

View Full Version : For those motorcyle Fanatics

BlueFoot
May 20th, 2015, 05:24 AM
So I'm buying my first motor bike this week or next week It is a fantastic looking 2001 Kawasaki ninja 600cc, I'm getting the 600cc to give some growing room. I'm posting this since I wanted to see how many motorbike fans are out there and to see other bikes with in the forum.

http://i.imgur.com/KrH1zLF.jpg?1
Its a really dark purple, but it is a really nice dark purple that almost looks black

Michael75
May 20th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Im not on road bikes but I've ridden them before, I ride MX though i have a Honda CR 125. I wouldn't advise a 600 for your first bike, especially a Ninja! For my case anyway, the first time i was on a 600 (Yamaha Fazer 600) I hit 65/70mph before I hit the first corner on my road and near lost it. As time passed and more times I rode it down the road I did become more sensible, like 40mph and at least my helmet and leather jacket. So if you start with a 250/300 there isnt a luntic power to use. But, its not my choice haha. For me as soon as I got on that Fazer all I wanted to do was twist the throttle and go flat out. Btw that Ninja is shweet

BlueFoot
May 20th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Im not on road bikes but I've ridden them before, I ride MX though i have a Honda CR 125. I wouldn't advise a 600 for your first bike, especially a Ninja! For my case anyway, the first time i was on a 600 (Yamaha Fazer 600) I hit 65/70mph before I hit the first corner on my road and near lost it. As time passed and more times I rode it down the road I did become more sensible, like 40mph and at least my helmet and leather jacket. So if you start with a 250/300 there isnt a luntic power to use. But, its not my choice haha. For me as soon as I got on that Fazer all I wanted to do was twist the throttle and go flat out. Btw that Ninja is shweet

Yea I have driven dirt bikes all my life and I'm taking the motorcycle safety course before I even turn the key :P, so I don't think i'll be a dumb ass :P

Microcosm
May 20th, 2015, 08:44 PM
My brother was going to buy a Kawasaki Ninja. Supposedly they're one of the best bikes ever or something like that but they look really cool.

WanderingHeart
May 20th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Oh my god that is SO COOLLLLL. I'm in love with motorcycles so I freak out whenever I see one xD.

Glad you're getting it! Have a great time on it, too!

Michael75
May 21st, 2015, 01:39 PM
Yea I have driven dirt bikes all my life and I'm taking the motorcycle safety course before I even turn the key :P, so I don't think i'll be a dumb ass :P

Haha I need to wait 2 years before I can (legally) throw my leg over a bike. My dad has 3 rules, no commuting, no sport bikes, and i have to go to the advanced riding thing

BlueFoot
May 21st, 2015, 01:47 PM
Haha I need to wait 2 years before I can (legally) throw my leg over a bike. My dad has 3 rules, no commuting, no sport bikes, and i have to go to the advanced riding thing

The last one is my dads only rule haha I must goto the advanced riding thing before I even turn the key

Oh my god that is SO COOLLLLL. I'm in love with motorcycles so I freak out whenever I see one xD.

Glad you're getting it! Have a great time on it, too!

Haha thanks my dad has a old 1980 Yamaha XS1100 special its getting in hard shape but it still runs amazingly, my uncle and my dad used to ride a lot when they were younger the XS 1100 was actually my uncles and that's were I got my obsession from :P

Double post merged. Please use the edit/multi function. -HN

Plane And Simple
May 22nd, 2015, 12:14 AM
Great purchase you got. Why chose this one and not something like a Bandit, SV, Hornet or something of the sort? :)

BlueFoot
May 22nd, 2015, 05:54 PM
Great purchase you got. Why chose this one and not something like a Bandit, SV, Hornet or something of the sort? :)

Its the most affordable one I could find :P, but I do have my eye on a CBR 250 as well so I might get either one at this point. Sorry for the dual post by the way.

Michael75
May 23rd, 2015, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=Robert1997;3138249]The last one is my dads only rule haha I must

Yeah I suppose the advanced riding is handy to have. But no commuting is a loada balls!

BlueFoot
May 23rd, 2015, 07:49 PM
The last one is my dads only rule haha I must

Yeah I suppose the advanced riding is handy to have. But no commuting is a loada balls!

Not that bad here, gas is 13 dollars a tank and insurance for me is around 400 dollars a year. Thank goodness I have a job :P

Michael75
May 25th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Not that bad here, gas is 13 dollars a tank and insurance for me is around 400 dollars a year. Thank goodness I have a job :P

That's pretty good... I priced my insurance for a 125 already and it was like 800 quid, which is good when compared to a car. It's probably around 15 quid a fill too yeah.

BlueFoot
June 5th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Sorry if this is a bump, but I have purchasec the sexy CBR 250 I was talking about and it is fantastic it rides smooth and fast and I have filled up the tank once since I bought it 1 week ago and it only cost me 10 dollars CAD, and the insurance is 370 a year.

mxracing21
June 15th, 2015, 09:57 PM
A 600 is a big bike to start on. I have ridden mx all my life currently on a yz450f but I still think a 600 wouldn't be a good starter bike. If you can get a ninja or cbr 250 that's what I would do. Nice thing is they hold their value really well and in 6 months when you confident and comfortable on that you can sell it and get something bigger plus gives you time to save up more money. It's not always about you and your skill level sometimes it comes down to other people on the road.