PDA

View Full Version : friend found out again...?

avri
May 19th, 2015, 05:58 PM
ok so i have a close friend who found out that i was cutting a couple months after i first started. i was cutting on my wrist but could easily hide it with long-sleeves and jackets so she didn't notice for a long time and neither did anyone else. so anyways she got sort of upset at me for it and talked to me about it and i felt kind of bad so i stopped for a little while but after only like a week she stopped asking how i was doing.

i started up again but on my leg so no one would see and i guess she assumed that i had stopped. recently i talked to her about it and she got sorta mad like telling me it was a stupid a weak thing to do and i told her that i was trying to stop but she didn't seem to understand why i couldn't just stop overnight. then she told me that apparently some of my other friends had seen my scars and they knew but i had no idea and it's not like any of them talked to me about it.

im worried that im messing up our friendship, but i haven't been able to stop myself...what do i do?

Miserabilia
May 27th, 2015, 03:55 PM
choose;

- complete honesty to your friends and keeping your friends
- stop cutting and keep your friends
- continue cutting in secret and slowly loose your friendship

you can never take a friendship for granted

RandAnonPers
May 28th, 2015, 06:38 PM
The first thing you should do is seek help. If I had more than 100 posts, I would be glad to help you. Self harm isn't healthy, and there are better ways to deal with stress or problems.

Conqueror of Hearts
May 31st, 2015, 03:52 PM
The more you cut, the more you want to do it. It is really hard to stop, believe me, I've been there....for 7 years. So stop doing it for your own good, not because your friends. You already know it is not good for you, no matter how good it makes you feel when you do it.
I know it is hard to talk about cutting with your friends because no one can really understand it, if they haven't done it themselves, but talk to that one friend, you just need one person to help you get out of it.

It took me a long time to realize how to stop the urges...I changed the way I was looking at life and things that were happening. I stopped worrying so much, realized that everything passes in life, the good and the bad. Work on changing your perception and cutting will go away.

If you need help feel free to PM me.

-xx

avri
June 1st, 2015, 08:02 PM
i just don't know how to stop...i've tried things like the butterfly project or even just trying to rethink what i'm doing, and it will work for that period of time but once i stop thinking about how it's hurting me, i just end up doing it again. i feel like im making promises to myself that i can't keep.

Conqueror of Hearts
June 3rd, 2015, 04:33 PM
Go little by little...when you feel the urge tell yourself "Ok, I won't cut this one time", and keep that little promise to yourself.
It is easier not to cut when you feel the urge when you don't think about the fact that you will never ever cut again....nobody can make that promise, at least I know I can't, though I haven cut in more than a year.
Try to overcome cutting slowly, for beginning don't make as many cuts as you would, or don't cut at all that day or something like that. And after that next time when you want to SH you'll know that you didn't do it the last time, and that you can fight it, it is not stronger than you.