PDA

View Full Version : Friend found out.

JusticeandMercy
May 17th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I've been trying to stop self-harming, but a few days ago I got really upset and kind of just didn't care, so I relapsed. It wasn't horrible; they were pretty small and shallow cuts, but they were deep enough to scab. I told myself once wasn't going to be the end of the world and I could just try again, but then on Friday my friend decided to push my sleeve up and she felt the scabs, so she turned my arm over to look at them.
When she realized what they were she let go of my arm and apologized, then dropped the subject.
But now I feel like I need to bring it up to her again; I just don't know how, and the idea kind of scares me. :( I wanted to talk about it with another friend, who already knew I'd been trying to stop, but she was recently admitted into a mental hospital for a few days for her own problems, so I couldn't. (I ended up dragging a third friend into this to talk about it with them but I'm kind of wishing I didn't have to do that because I didn't really want a lot of attention drawn to it.)
Any ideas?

Vermilion
May 17th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Your friend that found them on your arm, do they self harm ? If not they might be able to help you, your not attention seeking so don't worry about attention being drawn to it. It might help you to explain it to a friend

JusticeandMercy
May 17th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Your friend that found them on your arm, do they self harm ? If not they might be able to help you, your not attention seeking so don't worry about attention being drawn to it. It might help you to explain it to a friendI don't think she does. And I'll try talking to her about it. Maybe she can offer some kind of help.

Vermilion
May 17th, 2015, 03:15 PM
I don't think she does. And I'll try talking to her about it. Maybe she can offer some kind of help.

A problem shared of a problem halfed :) best of luck

the darkness
May 17th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Don't bluntly approach the subject, that's my advice anyway. Maybe go about it in a round about way, like just say you feel shit and then talk about how you feel. No direct reference to self harm, but if they ask or say, or if you feel like it's right to say something, then do talk about it. Chances are they can help.

JusticeandMercy
May 17th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Don't bluntly approach the subject, that's my advice anyway. Maybe go about it in a round about way, like just say you feel shit and then talk about how you feel. No direct reference to self harm, but if they ask or say, or if you feel like it's right to say something, then do talk about it. Chances are they can help.Ehh... It's a little late for that. I texted her about it and she said she was doing something but that she wanted to talk about it later.
Still waiting...

Echelon
May 17th, 2015, 10:33 PM
This situation pretty much happened to me a few weeks ago.
I wear sweatshirts, as I do, to cover my scars up. When I was eating lunch, one of my sleeves rolled down a small fraction and the people that I sit with at lunch (their my friends, but they're not really great friends. Those are in the other lunches) saw a few cuts. One of them asked me and I denied it and said it was my cat. I pretty much flipped out and went to another table.
That night, the girl that asked me about it had told my sister. My sister asked me about it, and I showed her the arm that I wasn't cutting at the time. She left and didn't suspect a thing. Luckily, that was a weekend.
The day I went back to school I stressed about it like mad. Luckily, she didn't even mention it. None of them did. I told them not to tell the councilors office because God forbid my mother to find out about those scars. She would probably break down which is the main reason I try to stop.
My mom works so hard for me and my sister. She's a single parent, and I don't want her to feel like she raised me wrong. I'm just at that sad point in my life where you try to deny your sexual attraction and things are just crap because you're just living a lie and want to fit in so bad and be able to talk to guys without getting red in the face.

Yeah, I wouldn't stress too much about it. The people that I sit with pretend that it never happened and that I don't self-harm. It's easier that way.

JusticeandMercy
May 20th, 2015, 03:01 PM
She still hasn't spoken to me.

Vermilion
May 20th, 2015, 03:12 PM
She still hasn't spoken to me.

I'm sorry she's being like this

JusticeandMercy
May 20th, 2015, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry she's being like thisIt's all right; I think the way I worded that made it sound worse that it was. She's still talking to me, she just hasn't said anything more about the cuts, even though she said she wanted to.

Vermilion
May 20th, 2015, 03:23 PM
It's all right; I think the way I worded that made it sound worse that it was. She's still talking to me, she just hasn't said anything more about the cuts, even though she said she wanted to.

maybe it's her way of saying she doesn't care in a good way

JusticeandMercy
May 20th, 2015, 05:19 PM
maybe it's her way of saying she doesn't care in a good wayMaybe.