PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't I?

ValentinClarke
May 14th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I started cutting a couple weeks back, only because it cleared my mind, and I just scraped with a maths compass, however, the last time I did it, I used a razor from a sharpener, and it didn't hurt, it just bled. I felt bad after, but I've been so close to doing it again. It's been 4 days since I've cut. And I've had to fight the urge every second. But today, I'm better. There's this guy, and he confused me so much, and I couldnt trust my mind, so I got really stressed and confused, and he's the cause of my cutting. But, I didn't see him today, and it really helped me. I'm happier. I still think I'm going to cut within the next week, I'll probably wait for the last ones to be near fully healed. I thought about writing his name in pen, along with my SOB biological father, and cutting them out, because it felt like it would help. But, I'm happy I haven't cut.

mrjc
June 8th, 2015, 03:54 PM
cutting yourself is bad news and advise you too seek help, friends or family or maybe docter. all the best

Hey you
June 11th, 2015, 11:58 PM
At least you didn't cut for awhile, there are different ways to cope, I hope you find a solution. :)

Harley Quinn
June 12th, 2015, 06:37 AM
I started cutting a couple weeks back, only because it cleared my mind, and I just scraped with a maths compass, however, the last time I did it, I used a razor from a sharpener, and it didn't hurt, it just bled. I felt bad after, but I've been so close to doing it again. It's been 4 days since I've cut. And I've had to fight the urge every second. But today, I'm better. There's this guy, and he confused me so much, and I couldnt trust my mind, so I got really stressed and confused, and he's the cause of my cutting. But, I didn't see him today, and it really helped me. I'm happier. I still think I'm going to cut within the next week, I'll probably wait for the last ones to be near fully healed. I thought about writing his name in pen, along with my SOB biological father, and cutting them out, because it felt like it would help. But, I'm happy I haven't cut.

You've only just started self harming, which does make it easier to stop before it gets out of hand. The ultimate key to getting over anything, is to distract yourself. If it's the pain you need, hold some ice until you can't stand it, snap an elastic band on your wrist (however, do be careful with that because that can leave marks and whatnot too). You need to find a replacement method of coping. You just have to be in the mindset to stop and not let it control you. Take a walk, do some exercise, scream at the top of your lungs, write, talk, do anything that takes your mind of the situation at hand. Don't plan your harming because that way in your mind you think it's okay to do so, when it's not. Don't even think about it, if you do find yourself still wanting to, take a moment out and think, do I really need to do this? Most of the time, the answer is no.

Desuetude
June 16th, 2015, 09:37 AM
You've only just started self harming, which does make it easier to stop before it gets out of hand. The ultimate key to getting over anything, is to distract yourself. If it's the pain you need, hold some ice until you can't stand it, snap an elastic band on your wrist (however, do be careful with that because that can leave marks and whatnot too). You need to find a replacement method of coping. You just have to be in the mindset to stop and not let it control you. Take a walk, do some exercise, scream at the top of your lungs, write, talk, do anything that takes your mind of the situation at hand. Don't plan your harming because that way in your mind you think it's okay to do so, when it's not. Don't even think about it, if you do find yourself still wanting to, take a moment out and think, do I really need to do this? Most of the time, the answer is no.

As well as all the distractions and techniques Shiv has said, instead of writing their names on your arm and cutting them out why not write them on paper and cut/rip it up. It's the same concept and its still some form of destruction that should get out the negative feelings associated with them but its not at all harmful. Try it and just see if it makes you feel any lighter?

With writing things on your body, they're there for a long long time and you can't fob it off as some accident or 'the cat'. I still have LIAR on my thigh from 3 years ago and its a lot different looking at that than my regular cuts. When you reach a happier place for yourself you don't want to look at your body and see words that you hate written on it. Think of them like a tattoo, they're not going to go away.