PDA

View Full Version : Pathological Liar

villager64
May 13th, 2015, 07:59 PM
So, I have self-diagnosed myself with being a pathological liar. I dont say things for attention, nor empathy, it just happens. It could be really simple, but I just lie, for no reason. I am completely aware that im lying, and I feel bad, but it comes out anyway, and then I get so mad at myself. But when I do lie, i feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. On the other hand, I am ruining relationships with my mother and friends. I just really need some self control, or an answer. Any Advice?
Thanks

Uniquemind
May 13th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Get therapy.

Ridonks_CB
May 13th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Try to get therapy and a doctor diagnoses; I'm not saying you're not being truthful, but it's usually more accurate/helpful than a self-diagnoses.

Abhorrence
May 15th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Try to get therapy and a doctor diagnoses; I'm not saying you're not being truthful, but it's usually more accurate/helpful than a self-diagnoses.

This ^^ self-diagnosis is usually wrong, having a professional is a lot better but you must remember to be absolutely truthful and not to hide anything from them because with mental health it is very easy to get a misdiagnosis from wrong information or not enough information.