PDA

View Full Version : Next bike.

CosmicNoodle
May 10th, 2015, 04:14 PM
The laws changed recently in the Uk about what bike you can own at what age, meaning so did the next bike I'm going to get. I used to want a Sinnis Apache 250, but now I've settled on a Suzuki Bandit.

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/upload/934/images/styr_y0w-01.jpg

Now I can't own this bike for another 15 months, should I buy the bike now, and do the work and such I want to do to it whilst I'm waiting to ride it, or should I wait till I'm 19 to get it? I can't decide, part of me says wait to buy it, and part of me says buy it now and do the work you want to in the mean time.

Michael75
May 11th, 2015, 05:04 AM
I love those bandits... I suppose it depends on the condition of the bike etc. If it's a dunkel then I'd say buy it now and do it up and stuff. Or if your worried it's going to be sold by the time your 19. I suppose, having a bike there and not being able to ride it is soul destroying, especially for 15 months! My Da's bikes are there and I can't help myself but to take it down the road every now and again (I live in the country, and I've never seen a police car on my road)

SethfromMI
May 11th, 2015, 09:16 PM
it depends. would it be cheaper to buy a newer bike in 15 months? since you have to wait 15 months anyways, I would go with whatever one you think will be cheaper in the long run. if you do buy one now it will be more ready, but then again, if you wait, have more money, you can buy a nicer one in 15 months anyways

it would be a money decision for me, but hey, that's just me

BlueFoot
May 20th, 2015, 05:29 AM
The laws changed recently in the Uk about what bike you can own at what age, meaning so did the next bike I'm going to get. I used to want a Sinnis Apache 250, but now I've settled on a Suzuki Bandit.

image (http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/upload/934/images/styr_y0w-01.jpg)

Now I can't own this bike for another 15 months, should I buy the bike now, and do the work and such I want to do to it whilst I'm waiting to ride it, or should I wait till I'm 19 to get it? I can't decide, part of me says wait to buy it, and part of me says buy it now and do the work you want to in the mean time.

That is a freaking sexy bike, not a sports but very nice non-the less, I'd say If you have the money and its legal go for it.

Uranus
May 20th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I say buy it and get the work on it that you want done, so it's ready for your the day it's legal. Although it will be very tempting to wait 15 months.

Microcosm
May 21st, 2015, 12:30 AM
Like Seth said, it would be worth looking into how the price may vary if you wait. Personally, I would wait a bit and make sure you are ready to make the purchase. Also, that would give you some time to decide what changes and such you want to make to it.

Dying Ember
May 21st, 2015, 02:45 PM
I would wait till you're absolutely sure until you buy it, because 15 months is a very long time

mxracing21
June 20th, 2015, 10:47 PM
i agree on waiting. your mind may change in 15 months but just start saving now