PDA

View Full Version : Slowly Slipping

kiara15
May 7th, 2015, 12:22 PM
So I have just recently started to cut and I know I need to stop but I don't want to and the only person I have told is my best friend (he just stared after me and I'm afraid it's my fault) So I have anxiety problems and I am on medication for that. But I also think I have depression and I am afraid to tell my mom that I am depressed. My mother and brother both have depression but I feel like she won't listen to me. Nobody in my family takes my problems seriously and they just dismiss it as my "teen years" I have tried dropping little hints to my mom about me being depressed but she doesn't listen or she had bigger problems. I think the reason I am depressed is because of my brother. He is 24 years old and still lives at home. He had aspergers but he is also just an ass. My brother is insane I mean he really is. In the past year he's had about maybe 5 hospital stays because of his physhotic breakdowns. He calls me the c word and a bitch. He has tried to physically harm me. We call them cops on him about once a month. I can't describe to you though this post how he is because there is really no way to describe it. Anyway his problems directly affect me. I can't have friends over he constantly is verbally abusive and it's getting worse. I started cutting and it made me feel better I don't know how but it did. And I thought of all people my mom would be the lay understanding but no. I just don't think she wants to accept that I am depressed. Reading this you might think my mom is a bitch but she isn't. I love my mom more than anything. But I'm slipping. The other day I almost ended it. I just need advice please

Thanks.

Vermilion
May 7th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Can you not get help at school ? Or even see a doctor yourself ?

the darkness
May 8th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Everyone's so quick to try and encourage you to go and see a doctor - yes you should if you feel up to it, but try the distraction things:
Keep your busy if you can,
Draw a butterfly where you cut in marker pen with someone's name in it - if you cut, the butterfly dies
Put an elastic band around your wrist and whenever you feel like cutting, pull it back and let go. Less harmful.

Stay strong x