PDA

View Full Version : Monster Energy

everlong
May 6th, 2015, 04:10 PM
I'm curious to know everyone's opinion on Monster Energy. I'm a fan of it, but I wouldn't say addicted. It's one of those drinks that I usually drink when I'm out and being social with friends. How much Monster Energy would be too much for me (14 years old, around 120 pounds) to drink? I like drinking them but I'd hate to get like a heart attack or diabetes or whatever. There won't be much of a point in telling me to never drink it, that won't happen.

Melodic
May 6th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I don't get the hype over it in my opinion. It's just an energy drink.

Uranus
May 6th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Well, they have alot of sugar and about 160 milligrams of caffeine per can. The recommend limit for caffeine consumption is 400. Anything else is an overdose.

jessie3
May 6th, 2015, 08:37 PM
I personally do not drink any energy drinks of any kind with such high caffeine or sugar levels. I'll have a sip every once in a while if someone offers but i just can't drink them. I prefer to have like a iced coffee or a sports drink like Gatorade then that.

Daniella98
May 7th, 2015, 12:16 AM
I don't get the hype over it in my opinion. It's just an energy drink.

Agree. I dont feel any extra energy from it.
I love Monster Energy. So for me its not just another energy drink. Its THE energy drink.
Wouldn't say Im addicted but I drink them regularly.

If you are afraid of side effects and caffeine and so on. How about just driking one can a day?

Seahawks15
May 7th, 2015, 01:40 AM
I've never had an energy drink and I don't care to have one.I'm too brainwashed to stay away from them after learning of all the overdose deaths from drinking like 7-9 of those drinks a day.It lead to a heart attack in most victims from the large amount of caffeine and sugar contained within them.

Vermilion
May 7th, 2015, 02:26 AM
I like monster and other energy drinks, I mite have one a week or two. they don't wake me up or give me energy I just like the taste

Taryn98
May 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I'm not a big fan of energy drinks in general but if I do have one, I prefer mango-guava Xenergy

Emerald Dream
May 7th, 2015, 06:30 PM
The only energy drink that I have tried that doesn't taste awful is the Monster Khaos Orange one.

I don't understand the love for these things.

Lost in the Echo
May 7th, 2015, 06:37 PM
I used to drink those all the time when I was younger, but I just got burned out on them.
When I did drink them it was because I liked it, not for the boost of energy. Tbh I never even noticed much of an increase in energy when I drank them. Same went for other energy drinks.

lambo420
May 13th, 2015, 09:24 PM
I Like how they brought back the Mad Dog flavor! It taste just like bubble gum! but I don't drink them THAT often. I'd prefer a Red Bull over any other caffeinated beverage (except coffee!!!):D

SethfromMI
May 13th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I really do not drink energy drinks

PinkFloyd
May 13th, 2015, 11:00 PM
I like monster, but only in moderation. If I drink it too often, all I taste is that really sweet taste it has that slowly turns into a weird aftertaste.

Ridonks_CB
May 13th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I'm not really a fan of energy drinks, they taste pretty bad to me :yuck:

Daniella98
May 15th, 2015, 05:48 AM
I had lunch outside in the sun yesterday. I poured Monster Energy into a glass and to my amazement I saw it slowly turned red! I can only guess it was a chemical reaction to sunlight...
Anyone ever noticed that?

Its not enough to frighten me away from enjoying Monster Energy anyway. Just think its curious though.

KingLiam
May 15th, 2015, 07:11 AM
I don't really like monster, the best in my opinion is Mountain Dew Amp ;)

phuckphace
May 15th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Khaos and Import are baller, the others are p.nasty

Rockstar Citron is also 5/5, been drinking more of that than Monster lately

Vermilion
May 15th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Khaos and Import are baller, the others are p.nasty

What's import like ? We don't get it in the uk

phuckphace
May 15th, 2015, 11:58 AM
What's import like ? We don't get it in the uk

it's based on the regular Monster flavor but it's sweetened with sugar, sucralose and acesulfame-K instead of corn syrup. tastes a thousand times better than the normal version and there's no unpleasant taste from the artificial sweeteners at all. ironically enough it's not actually imported, I think they make it in Ohio or Indiana lmao

I like to sip my energy drinks like coffee instead of chugging them, so no disgusting aftertaste is a must for me

Vermilion
May 15th, 2015, 12:01 PM
it's based on the regular Monster flavor but it's sweetened with sugar, sucralose and acesulfame-K instead of corn syrup. tastes a thousand times better than the normal version and there's no unpleasant taste from the artificial sweeteners at all. ironically enough it's not actually imported, I think they make it in Ohio or Indiana lmao

I like to sip my energy drinks like coffee instead of chugging them, so no disgusting aftertaste is a must for me

Thanks

Babs
May 15th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I like Monster, I guess because I always have to have some sort of energy drink otherwise I crash and nap all day. I guess they're an acquired taste. Not everybody liked them.
You're probably not at much risk of getting diabetes from Monster alone, unless you're drinking a shitload. That would depend on the rest of your diet also.

Abhorrence
May 15th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Literally drinking one right now.

phuckphace
May 17th, 2015, 08:49 AM

hurr, it's Monster Citron. idk why I was thinking it was Rockstar but anyway, yeah it's really tasty and sugar free as well

Microcosm
May 17th, 2015, 12:21 PM
I think a lot of people drink energy drinks because it makes them look cool... That aside, I've drank one Monster energy before and then my parents wouldn't let me get another because they said it would give me a heart attack.

I have a friend who stopped drinking it because the logo on the front is 666 in Hebrew or something. That was pretty surprising.