PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Honda Civic SI Coupe

Uranus
May 3rd, 2015, 11:20 PM
Hey!
Anyways I posted a car thread awhile back on what would be a good first car for me..remember? Well fuck that. Change of plans!

Anyways I'm planning on buying a

2015 Honda Civic SI Coupe

Surprised? Yea I didn't think I could afford it but it is surprisingly very affordable. I really like the style of the car itself, and how it looks so aggressive. I am just in love with this car :D

Here's the specs if you want to know about the performance.
Specs

4-Cylinder Engine (2.4L)

205HP @ 7000RPM

174FT Lbs Of Torque @ 4000RPM

Redline @ 7000

Bore & Stroke 87 X 99

Compression Ratio 11.0 :1

Valve Train - 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC

6-Speed Manual Transmission (Close Ratio For Quicker Acceleration)

Stabilizer Bar (MN, Front /Rear) 21.0 / 20.0

MPG 22/City 31/Highway

------------

This car is priced at around $25K.
It's a little bit expensive for a teenager, but I will here soon have a job where ill be getting $700-$900/Month. The monthly payments will be $350-$450/Month.

I really like this car considering it is a 4-Cylinder. However in the future I may upgrade to a V6 rather than 4-Cylinders.

tl;dr
What do you think of the car? Opinions?

Here's a few photos of it:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/wot/1410_2015_honda_civic_si_price_increases_slightly/83246079/2015-honda-civic-si-coupe-side-view.jpg

http://f53715549769d37868eb-725780dc08d611eebc1f66b3f8af9837.r11.cf1.rackcdn.com/Chrome/2014/Honda/Civic%20Coupe/2014%20Honda%20Civic%20Coupe%202dr%20Si_lg.jpg

Cognizant
May 4th, 2015, 01:34 AM
I personally like the design of the current generation but each to their own :P

xXl0sth0peXx
May 5th, 2015, 01:04 PM
RI will warn you to be really really cautious and thin, this decision over. This is a larger commitment than you might think. First, 700-900 a month you get paid.. That's a huge range, especially when you're talking 350-450 monthly payments. Half, if not more of what you get paid is going to these payments. And what about the other expenses that come with getting a car? Gas for example.. Let's say gas is 2.75$/gal and you use a tank a week (probably overkill but round numbers make life easy).. Your 13 tank is 13 gal, let's call it 10 gallons since you won't be filling it up from totally empty ever hopefully.. 10gal x 2.75$/gal x 4 weeks a month = $110$. So after those payments, you'd need an additional 100$ for gas. What about yearly maintenance? Tire repairs? All costs a lot of money, and while Hondas are indeed durable and nice, you do have to think about the things you have to renew year to yearly.

Also, you're what, 16, 17? You're in high school still. You don't want to start payments now. You'll be off to college in a few years, will you really need/want this? Will you want to be paying 400+ a month during college? Will you actuAlly use it in college? A lot of colleges don't even allow freshman to have cars on campus, and if they do, they cost an arm and a leg to park. This one school I applied to charges $400/semester for parking. Ridiculous. These payments will haunt you every month until your senior year of college, if not beyond, You will want and need that money. So much.

I have a friend who just baught a new car, a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage, not even a month ago. He's now scrambling to sell it, realizing it isn't want he needed, going off to school and whatnot, and that he couldn't afford it as much as he thought.

Do you have a credit rating? probably not - a car company won't sell you a car, especially on a payment plan without a credit check first, and if it's bad or unexistsnt, they won't do it. This job.. I want it. I'm over 18 (meaning I don't have any labor restrictions - in most places, there aree hour and shift length and total hour restrictions for 16 and 17 year olds) with a non minimum wage job (a few bucks over at that,) and post taxes, if I can have over 250$ it's a good week. And that's working anywhere between 26-36 hours a week depending. I don't know what job you're getting, but I can't imagine you'd make more than 8$/hour as a teenager.. And let's say you can work 20 hours a week (which with school and everything else, is a lot,)..8$/hour x 20 hours x 4 weeks = 640/month. Pre tax. Taxes add up. and they suck so much.

I really urge you to consider this decision, I don't think it's wise spending of your money at this age. Go for something cheaper, used, etc. I really think you'd be taking on more than you think you are. I'm almost 20, and the payments on my car (2010 civic that I got used, plus the money I got from insurance for the value of the totaled car) right now are only occurring because I totaled my other one. I can't /really/ afford it as much as I'd like, even being older.There's no way I could do this any younger, and I wish I wasn't doing it. Just at least think about it before, it's a lot of money to spend.

seamo34
May 10th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I have to say hondas are a nice car my family have two honda CRV's

Sasha M
May 15th, 2015, 07:19 PM
RI will warn you to be really really cautious and thin, this decision over. This is a larger commitment than you might think. First, 700-900 a month you get paid.. That's a huge range, especially when you're talking 350-450 monthly payments. Half, if not more of what you get paid is going to these payments. And what about the other expenses that come with getting a car? Gas for example.. Let's say gas is 2.75$/gal and you use a tank a week (probably overkill but round numbers make life easy).. Your 13 tank is 13 gal, let's call it 10 gallons since you won't be filling it up from totally empty ever hopefully.. 10gal x 2.75$/gal x 4 weeks a month = $110$. So after those payments, you'd need an additional 100$ for gas. What about yearly maintenance? Tire repairs? All costs a lot of money, and while Hondas are indeed durable and nice, you do have to think about the things you have to renew year to yearly.

Also, you're what, 16, 17? You're in high school still. You don't want to start payments now. You'll be off to college in a few years, will you really need/want this? Will you want to be paying 400+ a month during college? Will you actuAlly use it in college? A lot of colleges don't even allow freshman to have cars on campus, and if they do, they cost an arm and a leg to park. This one school I applied to charges $400/semester for parking. Ridiculous. These payments will haunt you every month until your senior year of college, if not beyond, You will want and need that money. So much.

I have a friend who just baught a new car, a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage, not even a month ago. He's now scrambling to sell it, realizing it isn't want he needed, going off to school and whatnot, and that he couldn't afford it as much as he thought.

Do you have a credit rating? probably not - a car company won't sell you a car, especially on a payment plan without a credit check first, and if it's bad or unexistsnt, they won't do it. This job.. I want it. I'm over 18 (meaning I don't have any labor restrictions - in most places, there aree hour and shift length and total hour restrictions for 16 and 17 year olds) with a non minimum wage job (a few bucks over at that,) and post taxes, if I can have over 250$ it's a good week. And that's working anywhere between 26-36 hours a week depending. I don't know what job you're getting, but I can't imagine you'd make more than 8$/hour as a teenager.. And let's say you can work 20 hours a week (which with school and everything else, is a lot,)..8$/hour x 20 hours x 4 weeks = 640/month. Pre tax. Taxes add up. and they suck so much.

I really urge you to consider this decision, I don't think it's wise spending of your money at this age. Go for something cheaper, used, etc. I really think you'd be taking on more than you think you are. I'm almost 20, and the payments on my car (2010 civic that I got used, plus the money I got from insurance for the value of the totaled car) right now are only occurring because I totaled my other one. I can't /really/ afford it as much as I'd like, even being older.There's no way I could do this any younger, and I wish I wasn't doing it. Just at least think about it before, it's a lot of money to spend.

For us car lovers, allllllllllllll of this does not matter one bit, cars are our passion, and we will do whatever to fulfill it. Much respect admin, but the perchace of this VTECH can not be stoped!

randomness2345
May 27th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Personally, I wouldn't buy a Honda. But, it's entirely up to you.

mxracing21
June 20th, 2015, 10:42 PM
ive heard the new civic si is gonna be fast but still wouldnt ever want a honda