PDA

View Full Version : Members only?

WanderingHeart
May 1st, 2015, 06:39 PM
I was just wondering if we could have more members only forums than just TWPR. Like I'm talking more about the psychiatric ward section or really just any forums that have more private things. Maybe its just me but I think those forums should be members only for obvious reasons.

What do you think?

Elysium
May 1st, 2015, 06:41 PM
I think those are really the areas that attract a lot of new members and that's why they shouldn't be members only. Those sections are how people usually find VT.

StoppingTime
May 1st, 2015, 06:41 PM
The reason the Psych Ward (or really any other forum besides TWPR) is open to the public is because many of the people who visit VT just want to read threads instead of write and reply to them. So if those forums were made for members only, it's unlikely people (some of whom are probably looking for some kind of help) would actually make an account to read it, and would just move on to somewhere else. Keeping those forums open to the public also creates a more welcoming environment to VT, as it can be a bit intimidating to have "MEMBERS ONLY SORRY VISITORS" plastered everywhere.

Babs
May 1st, 2015, 08:43 PM
If there's something that would go in the psych ward that you don't want non members to see, you could post it in TWPR. I've seen people do that and nothing is really off topic there.

WanderingHeart
May 1st, 2015, 09:08 PM
Ohhh, I get it now. Okay, thanks.

SethfromMI
May 2nd, 2015, 07:56 AM
I think those are really the areas that attract a lot of new members and that's why they shouldn't be members only. Those sections are how people usually find VT.

This. besides, once it is posted for all to see, the "private" nature of it kind of goes anyways. the point of posting is to get help from others of course, but yea. I know while I did not come seeking help, I didend up coming from some of the different threads I saw and read

WanderingHeart
May 2nd, 2015, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I get it. I was just curious to know :'D

fighterpilot360
May 5th, 2015, 06:14 AM
ok so stuff you dont want non-members to see you put in TWPR. correct?

Elysium
May 5th, 2015, 03:12 PM
ok so stuff you dont want non-members to see you put in TWPR. correct?
Correct. You could also put it in certain diaries, as users have the option of making their diary members only as well.

fighterpilot360
May 5th, 2015, 06:22 PM
ok thanks for the help

WanderingHeart
May 5th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Shh don't get mad at me guests for posting this o----o...