PDA

View Full Version : Food trends

Contra
April 30th, 2015, 05:48 AM
Hey you guys!
I now live in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. We here in Portugal have always loved food, but now (as I think it is everywhere else) people are starting to care more about what they eat and getting interested in eating better, that is, tasty and healthy food.
Now there are some food concepts and trends gaining a lot of strength, like gourmet burgers, food markets, the redesigning of old concepts (like canned foods), among a lot of other things.
I was wondering if you guys have any food trends in your country/town! Tell me about them.

phuckphace
April 30th, 2015, 06:31 AM
the last few years it's been Nutella, Sriracha and bacon.

silly fads if you ask me. all three of those things have been around forever but the Internet is just now discovering them, I guess.

fairmaiden
April 30th, 2015, 10:52 AM
i'm not really aware of any food trends going on in my area. bubbleology is becoming very popular, thanks to the new generation of tumblr kids who take pictures of their pastel ''bubble tea''.

Contra
April 30th, 2015, 07:55 PM
the last few years it's been Nutella, Sriracha and bacon.

Never heard of Sriracha!

i'm not really aware of any food trends going on in my area. bubbleology is becoming very popular, thanks to the new generation of tumblr kids who take pictures of their pastel ''bubble tea''.

I've never heard of that, I should learn more about it!

Emerald Dream
April 30th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Slapping avocado on everything and calling it "healthy" seems to be a thing now.

Contra
April 30th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Slapping avocado on everything and calling it "healthy" seems to be a thing now.

Actually yeah! I've tried avocado for the first time recently and really liked it, but normally it anchors my meal, rather than complementing something like a chicken sandwich.

phuckphace
April 30th, 2015, 09:41 PM
organic anything is another

apparently companies have discovered that certifying a product as organic means they can charge a fuckton more for it. they get hipster money and hipsters get to maintain their hipster cachet. win/win!

Andyyy95
May 1st, 2015, 06:51 PM
As it's starting to brighten up in the UK, I often see a lot of people in London (including myself) going for Fruit Salads, yummy!!!!