PDA

View Full Version : What medications do you take?

Cognizant
April 28th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Dont know if this is better suited in the drug section or the health section. I'll let the mods figure it out.
What medications do you regularly take, and why?

I have a prescription for Omeprazole 20mg to help with stomach acid, but I don't like taking it unless my stomach is really agitated. It tends to make me dizzy/bed-ridden, especially if I take it with Benedryl.

I also take Ranitidine 150mg tablets (Zantac 150) for the same purpose. I tend to use it when my stomach is upset or after I ate something that I suspect might upset my stomach, but I don't need to use it regularly anymore.

Let Me Be a Pony
April 28th, 2015, 02:45 AM
Depakine Chrono 500mg. It's for epilepsy.
I didn't knew I had epilepsy until I blacked out on the streets last year(I hadn't slept for 48 hours when this happened).
They did some checks on me and I told them I get this thing, as if electricity is running through my body.
Made me stay up 48 hours again to see how my brain reacts to light. It didn't go well, lol.

Pills are evil. They make me tired, worn out, easily emotional, etc.
If you overdose on these pills, there's a chance of putting yourself in a comma and drying up your organs. Pretty bad.
By "drying" I mean "shutting down".

What I don't like about these pills IS that they actually are damaging my organs right now.
"But hey, they're helping your epilepsy, bro." That's what my doctor said, lol.
The more you continue taking, the more your organs are damaged. Have taken them for 1year, 2 pills a day. Hoping i'll be put off these pills soon...

Uranus
April 28th, 2015, 08:06 AM
I don't really take actual medications, unless you count the normal allergy/sinus medications. Pollen's a bitch

WanderingHeart
April 28th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I was prescriber to Prozac (an antidepressant) and vitamin D.

I stopped taking both though. Lol.

akselj
April 29th, 2015, 05:55 AM
I don't have to take anything regularly, but the last thing I took was some Melatonin when I couldn't fall asleep.

Deleted User
April 29th, 2015, 09:50 PM
I take lamotrigine, clonazepam, and my birth control pills daily. The first is technically for epilepsy but works well for bipolar as well. The second is for my anxiety. The third... okay, you guys know what birth control does (or you should).

I also have steroid cream for my eczema that I continuously forget to use, iron pills to keep me from becoming anaemic that I also forget to take, prescription face cream for more skin problems, and now I'm back on Seroquel nightly since they worked surprisingly well as a sedative for me as well as a mood stabilizer. Oh, I have migraine medication too.

So that's... eight? All of which I'm supposed to use daily but honestly, I'm kinda lazy with the ones that aren't required for me to function normally everyday.

That's not even listing all the others I've tried/had to take in the past. That number would be going into the dozens. I don't care what anyone else says to me on the subject, it may have taken a long time to find the right ones but taking medication has been the best thing I've ever done in my life.

I'm one of the most drug-resistant people ever so the fact I'm on eight different medications with minimal side effects that don't interact with one another and still work the way they should, for the most part, is a small miracle. Half the time I try new medications, I just don't react to them at all or I react very badly.

tiffany1
May 1st, 2015, 01:56 AM
birth control, thats it luckily

Cognizant
May 1st, 2015, 09:32 PM
So that's... eight? All of which I'm supposed to use daily but honestly, I'm kinda lazy with the ones that aren't required for me to function normally everyday.

That's not even listing all the others I've tried/had to take in the past. That number would be going into the dozens. I don't care what anyone else says to me on the subject, it may have taken a long time to find the right ones but taking medication has been the best thing I've ever done in my life.

I'm one of the most drug-resistant people ever so the fact I'm on eight different medications with minimal side effects that don't interact with one another and still work the way they should, for the most part, is a small miracle. Half the time I try new medications, I just don't react to them at all or I react very badly.

I respect your thoughts on the matter, and that's quite impressive!

Abyssal Echo
May 1st, 2015, 11:11 PM
Effexor (antidepressant) Lamotrigine (Bi Polar)

Deleted User
May 2nd, 2015, 12:59 AM
I respect your thoughts on the matter, and that's quite impressive!

Like, I get why people try to stay away from meds. If I didn't have to take them to function, I probably wouldn't want them either (mostly why I forget to take the other ones). But they definitely can be beneficial, even as only a short term way to alleviate some of the pressure until you can manage better by yourself.

But then there are really severe cases like me where I couldn't leave the house before I started taking anti-anxiety meds. I just have to take them. It's not the worst thing in the world if it means I get to live my life.

Cognizant
May 2nd, 2015, 01:32 AM
Like, I get why people try to stay away from meds. If I didn't have to take them to function, I probably wouldn't want them either (mostly why I forget to take the other ones). But they definitely can be beneficial, even as only a short term way to alleviate some of the pressure until you can manage better by yourself.

But then there are really severe cases like me where I couldn't leave the house before I started taking anti-anxiety meds. I just have to take them. It's not the worst thing in the world if it means I get to live my life.

I don't really have an issue with pills. In fact, the sole act of swallowing pills to help with my stomach problems almost gives off a placebo effect and I feel slightly better because of it (given the opportunity to lie down). It's nice to have around until I figure out the root cause of my stomach issues, which I think might be a lactose intolerance...

Vermilion
May 2nd, 2015, 02:34 AM
Citalopram - antidepressant

Andyyy95
May 2nd, 2015, 03:37 AM
Inhalers (brown/blue)

Dreamer98
May 2nd, 2015, 08:14 AM
Claritin - Histamine antagonist ( I'm allergic to pollen ) :D :D

Karkat
May 2nd, 2015, 08:44 PM
Depakote- Mood disorder
Zoloft- Anxiety and depression
Vyvanse- ADHD
Ortho Tri- Anti-baby pill
Albuterol- Asthma
Epi Pen- Uhh... ICE?? :')

Ooh ooh

I also take generic Claritin bc allergies are shit

Human
May 3rd, 2015, 02:48 PM
Hayfever tablets, I've had other medications in the past but I can't really remember what lol

Microcosm
May 3rd, 2015, 03:01 PM
Zoloft-50mg nightly
I also take a centrum multivitamin nightly, but that is not prescribed. I take it because I want to.

City Kid
May 4th, 2015, 08:29 AM
I was prescriber to Prozac (an antidepressant) and vitamin D.

I stopped taking both though. Lol.
Why??

I'm taking 20 mg of Escitalopram, an antidepressant, and 75 mg of thyroid hormones every morning.

WanderingHeart
May 4th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Why??

I'm taking 20 mg of Escitalopram, an antidepressant, and 75 mg of thyroid hormones every morning.

I don't know.

City Kid
May 5th, 2015, 03:51 AM
I don't know.
:(
I think you should consider to start taking them again.
I don't know what antidepressants you're supposed to take, but mine helped me a lot. I'll admit, they take a pretty long time to kick in, but after about 3 or 4 weeks you should feel way better. And if you don't, you should talk to your doctor again. Sadly, not every type of antidepressant works for everyone. Sometimes you have to search for the one that's perfect for you, but I'm telling you, it is worth it.
As for vitamin D, it's a pretty important vitamin that our body normally produces on its own. However, to do so it needs to be exposed to the sun for a specific amount of time per day. In winter, when the sun sometimes isn't shining enough (depending on where you live), or if you just don't go outside often enough (like me, admittedly) you need to help your body out by taking those tablets. A lack of vitamin D can lead to mild cases on depression on its own, but from what I've read about you, your problems seem way to severe to be caused by too little vitamin D. Still, it's pretty important that you get your body the vitamins it needs!

Zachary G
May 5th, 2015, 07:03 AM
bupropion for major depression and abilify to enhance it

MrSchaef
May 20th, 2015, 09:49 PM
for anxiety 150 mg's of zoloft a day/ 2mg's of xanax a day. On my own cannabis which i consider a medicine, and alot of bodybuilding supplements

PinkFloyd
May 20th, 2015, 09:52 PM
I don't have epilepsy, but I have a seizure tendency (Yes, those two are different) so I take one and a half pills two times a day.

Skyes
May 29th, 2015, 10:55 PM
I take 150mg of Sertraline per night for depression. Used to be on fluoxetine/prozac, but it wasn't helping.

mcloete
June 9th, 2015, 01:26 AM
I take Omeprazole, for reflux. I was diagnosed with a congenital hiatus hernia.

Jaffe
June 9th, 2015, 01:38 PM
None consistently. Zyrtec when allergies are bad. Nasal spray if they get really bad. Atarax if I get a eczema flare up, plus some triamcinolone cream to go on it.

JusticeandMercy
June 12th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Generic allergy medication and Daytrana patches for ADHD.

THJKIGB
June 12th, 2015, 10:24 PM
None other than the pill to relieve the severity of my periods and also for extra protection from getting pregnant in addition to using condoms.

Legs
June 14th, 2015, 02:30 AM
I take Clonazepam for anxiety.

Cognizant
July 20th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Currently I'm just hooked on Zantac and Gaviscon for acid reduction, until my doctor can figure out why my stomach is upset.

My doc also gave me some sumatriptan for my migraines, but I don't like the side effects (mostly because it can further upset my stomach).

Jaffe
July 20th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Currently I'm just hooked on Zantac and Gaviscon for acid reduction, until my doctor can figure out why my stomach is upset.
).

Has your doctor considered it might be too LITTLE acid instead of too much? I have a condition where I produce too little acid (and take a supplement for it) but when I forget one day, the symptoms are exactly the same as too much acid, like lots of reflux and heartburn and such. Sounds totally wrong, but its true.

StoppingTom
July 29th, 2015, 07:22 PM
I've started taking Zoloft to treat my Major Depressive Disorder.

maggs
July 30th, 2015, 06:04 PM
I'm not really into medication, but I take a pill or two for the commong winter flu every year.

angelchild
July 30th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Omeprazole 40MG
Just got these today...
Gabapentin 300MG X4
Lamotrigine 200MG
Zolpidem 10MG

shamrockgirl02
August 1st, 2015, 04:02 PM
Albuterol for asthma, Claritin for allergies, and Lexapro and Xanax for anxiety and panic attacks.

Leon03
September 9th, 2015, 12:28 PM
None - luckily

Kiogaout
September 14th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Zoloft 50 mg

hockeyboi99
September 14th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Used to be on an Albuterol Inhaler for Asthma but I never got the prescription filled.

So now it is just;

Latuda
Risperdal
Hydroxyzine
And Celexa

dysterian
October 9th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Lisinopril for HBP.

Tyler97
October 22nd, 2015, 01:15 PM
I don't have epilepsy, but I have a seizure tendency (Yes, those two are different) so I take one and a half pills two times a day.

Which ones do you take, I do have epilepsy and take carbamazepine and Keppra.

PinkFloyd
October 24th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Which ones do you take, I do have epilepsy and take carbamazepine and Keppra.

I take 750 mg of Keppra twice a day.

Malcolm Tucker
October 28th, 2015, 06:21 PM
I take:

Sertraline (Zoloft/Lustral) 100mg for depression (used to be on Lexapro, then mainly Effexor)

For my IBS:
Buscopan 20mg whenever needed
Colpramin for my stomach
Motilium for nausea
Alflorex suppliments

Melodic
October 28th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I take Abilify (for controlling my mood swings) and Metformin (for preventing weight gain from Abilify)