PDA

View Full Version : Welp.

JusticeandMercy
April 25th, 2015, 09:27 PM
My English class is incredibly stressful to me. The teacher and I don't even remotely get along, and the material is hard for me and most of the time I don't even understand it.
And so when I get to my next class I'm often left wanting to hurt myself a lot. I've actually ended up scratching my arm up with a paperclip in the middle of class three time so far. I've only broken skin once, but I'm kind of scared someone's seen me do it and is going to report it to a teacher, even though I sit in the back corner of the classroom where pretty much no one ever looks at me.
I've tried drawing on my arm instead, but it doesn't bring me the same immediate relief. (Though I admit by the end of the day I am usually grateful I chose to draw on myself.)
I'm not sure what advice there is to give me, but if you have any, I'll take it.

Let Me Be a Pony
April 26th, 2015, 06:11 AM
My English class is incredibly stressful to me. The teacher and I don't even remotely get along, and the material is hard for me and most of the time I don't even understand it.
And so when I get to my next class I'm often left wanting to hurt myself a lot. I've actually ended up scratching my arm up with a paperclip in the middle of class three time so far. I've only broken skin once, but I'm kind of scared someone's seen me do it and is going to report it to a teacher, even though I sit in the back corner of the classroom where pretty much no one ever looks at me.
I've tried drawing on my arm instead, but it doesn't bring me the same immediate relief. (Though I admit by the end of the day I am usually grateful I chose to draw on myself.)
I'm not sure what advice there is to give me, but if you have any, I'll take it.

"It was just an English class, why did I even do this? " That's what you'll be telling yourself when you finish school.
How to cope with this? Try breathing slowly during class, listen to some music before class, draw some random stuff on your notebook, write something completely random. Writing random stories helps. Posting here when you're stressed will aid you too.

JusticeandMercy
April 26th, 2015, 09:55 AM
"It was just an English class, why did I even do this? " That's what you'll be telling yourself when you finish school.
How to cope with this? Try breathing slowly during class, listen to some music before class, draw some random stuff on your notebook, write something completely random. Writing random stories helps. Posting here when you're stressed will aid you too.Okay, thank you. I'll try those things.

Let Me Be a Pony
April 27th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Okay, thank you. I'll try those things.

You're welcome :)
Post back to say if it did any gooooood.

JusticeandMercy
May 2nd, 2015, 12:26 PM
You're welcome :)
Post back to say if it did any gooooood.I made it through the week! :)

Andyyy95
May 2nd, 2015, 12:54 PM
I made it through the week! :)

Big well done for getting through the week McKenna!!!
I agree with the above poster, all of those things most certainly help!

I'll add another suggestion - perhaps you can daydream about stuff? I most certainly did that during some subjects (especially R.E.) when I was at school!

But most of all, try and stay calm/relaxed through the (assumably) 1-hour lesson!

Andy

Let Me Be a Pony
May 3rd, 2015, 02:39 AM
Yay!
Glad to hear there's progress. :3

I'll add another suggestion - perhaps you can daydream about stuff? I most certainly did that during some subjects (especially R.E.) when I was at school!

But most of all, try and stay calm/relaxed through the (assumably) 1-hour lesson!

Daydreaming is good, but don't get too much of it. It's good in school but other than that, when you're doing it daily it tends to eat up your life.

Keep it up. :>

Andyyy95
May 3rd, 2015, 06:46 AM
Daydreaming is good, but don't get too much of it. It's good in school but other than that, when you're doing it daily it tends to eat up your life.

Keep it up. :>

Yep, I agree with you there - you don't want to be spending a great proportion of the day daydreaming/thinking...

Another thing I used to do, would be to colour in the margins of my page with various patterns aha!