PDA

View Full Version : I just started self harming.

Coldfire
April 25th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Recently... A girl i adore has told me that she only wants to be friends.. That broke my heart an along with just general stress. I cut myself.

It was with a maths compass on my arm over and over again.... I dont know what to do.

I am so alone. Its so tempting to overdose again as i just over doesed and passed out..

I am so alone. I dont know what to do anymore
thanks,
Michael

Coldfire
April 25th, 2015, 01:05 PM
I overdosed again...

Someone.. Please help.

Vermilion
April 25th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I overdosed again...

Someone.. Please help.

If you've just od get medical help straight away. That's all I can think of. Once you get help for that im more than happy to help. But till then get medical help now!

Coldfire
April 25th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Im fine.. I hope Im not gonna overdose again.. Please help me.

Vermilion
April 25th, 2015, 02:15 PM

So you haven't od aagain ? Why do you feel that it was the only option ?

Coldfire
April 25th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I have od twice today.

I just want my life to end. I can't cope with the general stress. I have got cuts all.over my wrists and ankles.

Vermilion
April 25th, 2015, 02:31 PM
You need medical help if you've od twice today. How old are you ?

Andyyy95
April 25th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Recently... A girl i adore has told me that she only wants to be friends.. That broke my heart an along with just general stress. I cut myself.

It was with a maths compass on my arm over and over again.... I dont know what to do.

I am so alone. Its so tempting to overdose again as i just over doesed and passed out..

thanks,
Michael

You should seek medical/psychological help urgently, it's all I can suggest, they'll be able to help / provide the necessary support.

All the best,
Andy

Coldfire
April 25th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Im only 14..

Vermilion
April 25th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Im only 14..

So young, you started to cut because you feel rejected from the one you have feelings for ?

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Yeah.. And just because of stress from other things.

Vermilion
April 26th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Why has this gotten to you so much ? Can you explain everything in a bit more detail

Dying Ember
April 26th, 2015, 03:22 AM
What did you overdose on and how much did you take?? This is important

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 03:30 AM
I took 16 paracetamol a couple times

Im just depressed and just a combination of so many things it would take so long to write out.
I hate everything and self harming is my way of coping :/
I don't know who to tell.

Vermilion
April 26th, 2015, 03:36 AM

Im just depressed and just a combination of so many things it would take so long to write out.

My main concern is that you've od a couple of times. The self harm is a common problem and you'll get the support you need on here. Please tell your parents / or a older siblin or person that can take you to hospital. You need to get the drugs out of your system.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 03:42 AM
I can't tell anyone.. I don't trust anyone.

I don't want o be taken away

Vermilion
April 26th, 2015, 03:47 AM
I can't tell anyone.. I don't trust anyone.

I don't want o be taken away

You won't be taken away I know people that have done the same as you. They would check how you are and try to revise any that the paracetamol might cause. If you don't trust anyone take yourself to A and E. You won't be locked up.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 03:56 AM
I can't tell anyone. Im not going to overdose again

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 04:00 AM
I can't tell anyone because my parents are just gonna find out. Im not planning on od again

Vermilion
April 26th, 2015, 04:24 AM
I can't tell anyone because my parents are just gonna find out. Im not planning on od again

If your feel the affects of the od get help. Now on to the self harm I'm guessing that it takes the pain away , and it's away to escape from everything. I understand that if that's the case. Try talking to someone at school about this. Your depressed and stressed , trust me I know how that feels, have you tried anything instead of cutting, like music, writing how you feel down, contact sport's to take out your anger on others ?

Let Me Be a Pony
April 26th, 2015, 04:28 AM

You can try talking to a councilor/school psychologist, though they can tell your parents if they wish to do so.

Best option is to go to your GP, tell him/her that you want to go talk to a psychologist and he'll send you to one. Your GP can't tell your parents and you don't need their permission to see one.
They'll keep it all private. If something leaks out, they'll lose their jobs so don't worry about that.
Just please talk to someone trained about this. It helps, even though at the start it's really hard.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Im home educated for starters. I don't know what else to do. Cutting just makes the pain i have elsewhere seem not as much. I cant tell my parents because they will make me feel guilty an they will have a go at me.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Won't my parents question why Im going to the GP?

Let Me Be a Pony
April 26th, 2015, 04:36 AM
Im home educated for starters. I don't know what else to do. Cutting just makes the pain i have elsewhere seem not as much. I cant tell my parents because they will make me feel guilty an they will have a go at me.

You don't have to tell your parents. Go to your GP, just explain him you'd like to see a psychologist. When he asks why, just tell him "just to try it out, mate".

About cutting, have you tried getting a rubber band and placing it on your arm, then when you want to cut just pull it and let it go, it will simulate pain in a way. It's a far better way than cutting, just don't cut, it ain't worth the trouble.
It's almost summer, when it gets really hot, you can't even pull your sleeves, because people will see.
It's going to torture you sooner or later.

Let Me Be a Pony
April 26th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Won't my parents question why Im going to the GP?

They won't know. You'll tell them you're going somewhere else, they don't need to know.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Im not allowed the house on my own :/
I cut again... I tried the rubber band but it just wasn't working

I will just end up wearing coats or jumpers alot.
Should i tell my crush that i self harm?

Let Me Be a Pony
April 26th, 2015, 04:44 AM
Im not allowed the house on my own :/
I cut again... I tried the rubber band but it just wasn't working

I will just end up wearing coats or jumpers alot.
Should i tell my crush that i self harm?

Dude, wearing coats and freakin jumpers from June to September is a pretty bad idea.
It will get hot, you'll sweat up a lot, you'll have a hard time being inside with a sleeve NOT only because of the warmth, but because your parents will ask you "Why are you with sleeves when it's so hot?!"

That's what I was asked.
Stop it, before it's too late.
If the rubber band didn't work, then listen to music, escape from the world, go jogging, get tired, feel alive. Pressuring your body will stop the thoughts.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 04:48 AM
Im not allowed out the house as i smashed my head through my bedroom door and my chair

Let Me Be a Pony
April 26th, 2015, 04:55 AM
Im not allowed out the house as i smashed my head through my bedroom door and my chair

Are you being permitted to go see friends?
If not, then during school recess you can go out jogging, get yourself tired or something so your mind is focused more on your tired body, not on those thoughts.
Getting your body drained up is better, easier done, better results.

If you're at home, listen to some music, escape reality. Imagine you're somewhere else when you're feeling blue.

Vermilion
April 26th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Please just tell someone at home. I get it won't be easy but you need help.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 06:19 AM
I don't know. They will guilt trip me and make me feel bad about self harming. Im not allowed tl see anyone for the foreseeable future.. I ended up cutting again.. And smashing my head into the wall.

Vermilion
April 26th, 2015, 06:30 AM
I don't know. They will guilt trip me and make me feel bad about self harming. Im not allowed tl see anyone for the foreseeable future.. I ended up cutting again.. And smashing my head into the wall.

It's clear that your stressed, do your parents know that your stressed will everything going on ?
I beg up not to cut again or hit your head against a wall. why would they guilt trip you ?

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 06:37 AM
They would say important selfish or something.. I got rid of all things sharp in my room but i got a screwdriver and undid my pencil sharperner so important cutting with that :(

I cut again... Should i tell the girl i love (closest friend) that i self harm

Let Me Be a Pony
April 26th, 2015, 06:40 AM
They would say important selfish or something.. I got rid of all things sharp in my room but i got a screwdriver and undid my pencil sharperner so important cutting with that :(

I cut again... Should i tell the girl i love (closest friend) that i self harm

Yeah, tell her. It's not good keeping this to yourself only. She'll help if she's truly a friend. She may be the only one to stop you from doing this to yourself. Be honest with your best friends, you'll be surprised how they can turn things around. Locking emotions up is bad. Venting to people irl helps a lot.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 06:46 AM
I told her over Facebook. She's told me to go tell the youth club leader. I can't stop myself doing it... Its addictive

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 06:48 AM
How am i ment to hide the cuts?

Vermilion
April 26th, 2015, 06:50 AM
I told her over Facebook. She's told me to go tell the youth club leader. I can't stop myself doing it... Its addictive

It's good you told her and like she said talk to the youth club person. Just stop and think about what you are doing. Is it worth doing it ?

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Its worth it because it distracts me.

How am i supposed to hide the cuts?

Vermilion
April 26th, 2015, 06:55 AM
How am i ment to hide the cuts?

long t shirt, hoodie ext. But that's not the point. You need to tell someone know and get help. Till you do that i can't help anymore. You need to want to stop you need to be brave and ask for help from people that can help you.

I'm sorry I don't know how to help anymore.

Coldfire
April 26th, 2015, 12:40 PM
I cut again.. I nearly went without for 4+ hours.

Dying Ember
April 26th, 2015, 01:59 PM

okay, paracetamol in that amount is extremely bad for you. Sometimes the effects don't show up for a while but it can cause very bad damage to your organs. Its important that you tell someone about the overdose

fiftycents
April 26th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I cut again.. I nearly went without for 4+ hours.

You don't have to cut yourself please don't, you could have at least write a poem about how you feel to ease your stress and frustration. That sounds stupid but it works though. You can do it, you're strong bud. You don't need to self-harm. :)

Microcosm
April 28th, 2015, 08:27 PM

Alright, Michael. I'm going to do my best to help you.

Let's start by stating a simple fact: Cutting doesn't really help you at all. Let's compare it to something like money. There is no amount of money that will ever truly satisfy you just as there is no amount of cutting that will satisfy you. It's an appetite, really. You'll just keep wanting more and more until you just naturally depend on it. So, the logical solution would be to quit before it becomes a serious problem. It's not easy, but let me inform you of a few things that might help.
1. Try getting a hobby. This can really help to get your mind off of things. Personally, I use archery to calm my nerves and it is something that anyone can do. Try painting or drawing. Basically, do something that makes you happy and is generally productive.
2. Meditation. Meditation is very helpful when dealing with immense stress. It is also surprisingly easy to do once you get the hang of it. Trust me, through meditation you can truly unlock the secrets to your problems and simply observe them and see what they are at the root, what they really are. Here is a web page to help you get started: Click me! (http://goodlifezen.com/how-to-start-meditating-ten-important-tips/)

Well, Michael, I definitely understand the impact that stress can have on any individual. Cutting is a huge problem, and it only eventually leads to just straight-up depression. So cut it off at the root and just try to stop before it gets too serious. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Hope everything works out for you, bud!

Coldfire
April 29th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Alright, Michael. I'm going to do my best to help you.

Let's start by stating a simple fact: Cutting doesn't really help you at all. Let's compare it to something like money. There is no amount of money that will ever truly satisfy you just as there is no amount of cutting that will satisfy you. It's an appetite, really. You'll just keep wanting more and more until you just naturally depend on it. So, the logical solution would be to quit before it becomes a serious problem. It's not easy, but let me inform you of a few things that might help.
1. Try getting a hobby. This can really help to get your mind off of things. Personally, I use archery to calm my nerves and it is something that anyone can do. Try painting or drawing. Basically, do something that makes you happy and is generally productive.
2. Meditation. Meditation is very helpful when dealing with immense stress. It is also surprisingly easy to do once you get the hang of it. Trust me, through meditation you can truly unlock the secrets to your problems and simply observe them and see what they are at the root, what they really are. Here is a web page to help you get started: Click me! (http://goodlifezen.com/how-to-start-meditating-ten-important-tips/)

Well, Michael, I definitely understand the impact that stress can have on any individual. Cutting is a huge problem, and it only eventually leads to just straight-up depression. So cut it off at the root and just try to stop before it gets too serious. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Hope everything works out for you, bud!
Thanks for your help everyone.. Ill just keep struggling on.

I can't message yet btw

PennyRoyalTea
May 3rd, 2015, 08:06 AM
Hey Michael, ever consider that there is more to life than the companionship of another human being, well in a romantic way that is; this girl was entitled to say that she liked you in a romantic way or that she didn't, but she still wants to be your friend which in my eyes indicates that she cares about you in some form. Take that and take the blow to your ego on the chin, like a man as it where, cutting yourself, or harming yourself in anyway is not the way forward, believe me. Re-evaluate the situation in a positive way and focus your efforts towards something else, or someone that does seem to take an interest in you that way. Love yourself despite other people. You have one body, one mind, don't allow yourself to fall into a category. Fight against it and defy odds, you're gonna be okay, you're young. Good luck man, I hope you really think about your choices and don't act spontaneously in regards to self harm, its something that can easily take over your life.

ValentinClarke
May 10th, 2015, 06:53 AM

thanks,
Michael
I did the same thing the maths compass over a boy. And I do it to get past the murky feeling in my head sometimes. Try not to use tablets to do this though, which tablets have you taken? The cutting helps more than tablets, but talking to someone helps more than cutting. So, feel free to PM me, whenever, and just have a chat to one of your close friends. See if they will understand you.