PDA

View Full Version : Do you look down on experimenting with drugs?

Syzygy
April 22nd, 2015, 12:15 AM
Redacted

conniption
April 22nd, 2015, 01:13 AM
I definitely do not look down on people that experiment, as long as they're smart about it. Hell, my friend is the class valedictorian and he snorted Xanax like two days ago and he's was totally fine. Of course, when you experiment with drugs, you're playing with fire because drugs aren't always fun, and it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not. I do understand why others aren't so enthusiastic about drug experimentation, but at the end of the day it's not their decision what others do with their bodies.

Syzygy
April 22nd, 2015, 01:20 AM
I definitely do not look down on people that experiment, as long as they're smart about it. Hell, my friend is the class valedictorian and he snorted Xanax like two days ago and he's was totally fine. Of course, when you experiment with drugs, you're playing with fire because drugs aren't always fun, and it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not. I do understand why others aren't so enthusiastic about drug experimentation, but at the end of the day it's not their decision what others do with their bodies.

very libertarian-esque viewpoint.

Bull
April 22nd, 2015, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't say I look down on people experimenting with drugs, but I don't think it is a good idea and would counsel friends to stay away from recreational drugs.

conniption
April 22nd, 2015, 08:07 AM
very libertarian-esque viewpoint.

Perhaps, but what you do with your body shouldn't even be a political debate at this point in time.

phuckphace
April 22nd, 2015, 08:44 AM
I'm going to assume that hard drugs are included and we're not just talking about pot or shrooms.

The way I see it it's no different than engaging in extreme sports such as rock climbing. If you don't do your research and you're reckless you'll get hurt, but if you're smart about it it's a great time with minmal risk of injury.

the risks associated with rock climbing are manageable in a way that those of hard drug use are not (seriously dumb analogy btw). I can also safely assume without Googling that hard drug use kills many more people per capita than rock climbing does.

if you actually did your research (you haven't, or you'd already know) you'd find that with hard drugs, the only winning move is not to play. hold up dude, I need to look up the LD50 of diacetylmorphine before we shoot up! :lol3:

Perhaps, but what you do with your body shouldn't even be a political debate at this point in time.

lmao, deal with it

Syzygy
April 22nd, 2015, 09:56 AM
I'm going to assume that hard drugs are included and we're not just talking about pot or shrooms.

the risks associated with rock climbing are manageable in a way that those of hard drug use are not (seriously dumb analogy btw). I can also safely assume without Googling that hard drug use kills many more people per capita than rock climbing does.

if you actually did your research (you haven't, or you'd already know) you'd find that with hard drugs, the only winning move is not to play. hold up dude, I need to look up the LD50 of diacetylmorphine before we shoot up! :lol3:

lmao, deal with it
Hmm interesting points. I guess my only response would be to not try and hike up everest when you have no climbing experience.

Babs
April 22nd, 2015, 10:48 AM
Eh, not really. Weed isn't the biggest deal in the world. And I'm not terribly judgemental of people who've tried hard drugs, because I've also made stupid decisions. Though I think it needs to be stressed that getting into meth or heroin or whatever else is pretty fucking stupid.

Dying Ember
April 23rd, 2015, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't say I look down on it, but I would probably view it as a bad thing to do and probably not the smartest

ImCoolBeans
April 23rd, 2015, 11:33 PM
I guess it depends on how liberally you're using the term "experimenting." If you've been smoking pot 4 times a day for the past year I would say you're well past the point of experimentation, but I know many people who have had some doob here and there and never became extreme pot heads or into other, more serious drugs. I think experimenting with some softer drugs, that don't have the potential to kill you, is not really good, but isn't the end of the world. A lot of people do experiment with drugs at some point in their lives.

WanderingHeart
April 27th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I don't look down on it because it'd probably be something I'm likely to do so...but yeah I don't look down on it, I think it's perfectly fine! Just don't be an idiot with them.

Ridonks_CB
April 27th, 2015, 11:04 PM
I guess it depends on how liberally you're using the term "experimenting." If you've been smoking pot 4 times a day for the past year I would say you're well past the point of experimentation, but I know many people who have had some doob here and there and never became extreme pot heads or into other, more serious drugs. I think experimenting with some softer drugs, that don't have the potential to kill you, is not really good, but isn't the end of the world. A lot of people do experiment with drugs at some point in their lives.

I agree. I personally don't really like the idea of drug expirementation, but if you want to, just don't go taking your head out right away. Also, with some strong addictive drugs, people think just a little is okay but it grabs you in right away...I havent seen too many people indulged in drugs turn out well, so I wouldn't advise itmit myself.

Let Me Be a Pony
April 28th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Fellow colleagues like hanging out at these bars, where people do drugs.
Some old dude asked me if I had some meth on me.
I told him that the barman has some meth, he went running to him, lol.
Some random people lied to me that we've met before, just so they can offer me some weed. No ty, bro. Wouldn't buy ILLEGAL drugs from a stranger.

No, I won't do any experimenting soon , seen a lot of people wrecked like this. Scary.
Will try to steer friends from this, but most wouldn't even listen to me but i'll still try.

fairmaiden
April 29th, 2015, 06:21 AM
People who smoke marijuana; well, that's their choice and I can't judge them for doing what they want to do. From my knowledge, marijuana isn't lethal (in normal doses??) and all it does is send you into a state of highness/happiness. Although for those who smoke pot 3 times a day and have eyes that constantly look red af, mmm, don't exactly trust you that much.

People who do cocaine and stuff like that; I don't think it's right to do hard drugs at all. That stuff can kill, and no-one even knows what it's been mixed with. I've heard stories of drug manufacturers(is that even the word for them idek) mixing rat poison, chalk, dust etc. with coke so it's less expensive for them. People who take hard drugs seem to be much more dangerous/unpredictable than those who do marijuana, so I wouldn't exactly feel safe around someone who loves cocaine more than Paula Deen loves to grin and show her pearly whites.

I wouldn't take drugs of any kind, but that's just how I feel about the situation.

phuckphace
April 29th, 2015, 06:29 AM
fairmaiden

even if contaminants in street drugs wasn't a thing, there's the inescapable fact that these substances are highly addicting and dangerous even in pure form - see for example high rates of prescription opiate/stimulant abuse.

most people (barring those with cannabis allergies or schizophrenia) could probably bounce back from a massive dose of cannabis relatively unscathed (I myself overdid it once on wax and had an unpleasant feeling of nausea and dissociation for a few days afterward, eventually went away on its own). but do that shit with opiates or meth and you'll find yourself taking a dirt nap before you know it

fairmaiden
April 29th, 2015, 06:39 AM
fairmaiden

even if contaminants in street drugs wasn't a thing, there's the inescapable fact that these substances are highly addicting and dangerous even in pure form - see for example high rates of prescription opiate/stimulant abuse.

most people (barring those with cannabis allergies or schizophrenia) could probably bounce back from a massive dose of cannabis relatively unscathed (I myself overdid it once on wax and had an unpleasant feeling of nausea and dissociation for a few days afterward, eventually went away on its own). but do that shit with opiates or meth and you'll find yourself taking a dirt nap before you know it phuckphace true. this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg) is probably the #1 coke-taking deterrent.

Unknwn
April 29th, 2015, 08:16 AM
I don't necessarily look down on people who experiment with drugs, but it's something that I would not really want to do myself. I guess I do kinda look down on those who've become hooked on and depended on the drugs because then they just made a terrible choice, but if its just experimenting, I would rather you didn't experiment at all, but ultimately it's your decision.

BlueDream
May 3rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
I don't look down on people who experiment with drugs. I've done the same thing and luckily nothing had happened to me. It could turn bad tho for some people if they mess with the wrong sort of drugs.

SethfromMI
May 3rd, 2015, 07:15 PM
I don't judge them but I don't approve of it no

CosmicNoodle
May 3rd, 2015, 07:22 PM
I like drugs

Microcosm
May 3rd, 2015, 11:35 PM
^ this one :rolleyes:

Haha no but really here's my response:

No. Experimentation with drugs isn't too harmful as long as you are careful. Now, playing off addiction as experimentation is absolutely wrong. If you're addicted, then you should be honest with yourself and just live up to it. If you are just trying a certain drug just to see what it feels like, then I don't see a problem with that. You just have to be very careful not to over-do it and get addicted.

hithere14
May 6th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Drug experimentation is fine Steve jobs said acid was the best this he ever did

PennyRoyalTea
May 6th, 2015, 10:58 AM
People are gonna do what they're gonna do, just don't go too far into it.

Left Now
May 6th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Experimenting with drugs,is exactly like experimenting with medicines.Seriously no one would expetiment with medicines.Drugs are not for fun.

Ridonks_CB
May 7th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Then again I find I funny this question is being asked to a bunch of teenagers :P

Tendencies
May 22nd, 2015, 01:20 AM
I think that if you have the urge to try something like this, you should just take your precautions. If you are gonna go out and like drop acid or something just make sure you have a group of people not on drugs to keep you from doing anything that you will regret. But that's just for the minor drugs. When it comes to the more "serious" drugs, such as cocaine, meth, and that sort of thing, I say stay away at all costs.

TheRedViper
May 24th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Nope. I've done it with some legit serious drugs (not like weed, though I also did that), so it would be hypocritical of me to condemn experimentation when I've done it. I'm many negative things, but a hypocrite is not one of them.

sweettayla
May 24th, 2015, 10:56 PM
No, curiosity about seeing what something is like is only natural.