PDA

View Full Version : Money tips suggestions?

Uniquemind
April 21st, 2015, 08:59 PM
Might I suggest we open a thread purely to educate ourselves about good financial investments?

It'd be a bit of an academic thread but money is going to matter for a lot of us come college years.

So perhaps safe investment knowledge to give everyone an educational advantage over our peers would be a good start?

Uranus
April 21st, 2015, 09:22 PM
Well the staff would not need to open a thread at all. Threads can be made by anyone. Just like this one which you have made requesting this.

I assume you meant a forum, rather than a thread.

As for the location of the thread, I think the Education And Careers (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=204) forum would suit that best. It's academic, and a good forum for anything financial, because it is not only careers, but jobs as well.

And personally I don't believe that we need a new forum. I don't believe it would get enough traffic considering we already have the Education And Careers forum.

That's just my own individual opinion.

Vlerchan
April 22nd, 2015, 04:23 AM
Teenagers giving other teenagers advice about financial investing is not going to end well.

Like how many people here even know what a derivative is?

But - of course -, OP is free to open a thread himself in Education & Careers.

CosmicNoodle
April 22nd, 2015, 05:56 AM
Working out a simple budget isn't hard, I don't see why you need advice on this.

ImCoolBeans
April 22nd, 2015, 11:25 AM
Working out a simple budget isn't hard, I don't see why you need advice on this.

Not everyone sees it that way, and whether you see that or not doesn't really matter to be frank. Nor is that what this thread was asking for.

But back on topic, like others have said, if you want to open a thread(s) for that you can do so in the Education and Careers section.

Uniquemind
April 22nd, 2015, 11:56 PM
Teenagers giving other teenagers advice about financial investing is not going to end well.

Like how many people here even know what a derivative is?

But - of course -, OP is free to open a thread himself in Education & Careers.

Oh hahaha yeah I guess that'll be a challenge.

But that's the whole point of that thread if I make it.

To help us all be more educated about finances and so we KNOW what derivatives are and what CBO are and why we don't want to be ignorant to such things.

Our parents were shafted out of ignorance post-disaster.

At least we can be the generation that gets shafted but we know exactly how we got shafted and then the generation after us can see it coming and stop it.

-

However to do such an educational thread I need to know if embedding and linking to outside education videos and explanations is permissible here.

There's a lot of good youtube videos from the education side of their site that could help facilitate deep discussion here.

There's also really good stuff on other sites as well with various animated flash videos that explain 2008 and the housing market bubble and financial CBO collapse.

ImCoolBeans
April 23rd, 2015, 11:54 AM
Oh hahaha yeah I guess that'll be a challenge.

But that's the whole point of that thread if I make it.

To help us all be more educated about finances and so we KNOW what derivatives are and what CBO are and why we don't want to be ignorant to such things.

Our parents were shafted out of ignorance post-disaster.

At least we can be the generation that gets shafted but we know exactly how we got shafted and then the generation after us can see it coming and stop it.

-

However to do such an educational thread I need to know if embedding and linking to outside education videos and explanations is permissible here.

There's a lot of good youtube videos from the education side of their site that could help facilitate deep discussion here.

There's also really good stuff on other sites as well with various animated flash videos that explain 2008 and the housing market bubble and financial CBO collapse.

As long as the videos aren't inappropriate it should be fine. Read the rules/FAQ, if it doesn't violate the rules then you're fine.