PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety in school

LadyKatie
April 17th, 2015, 02:08 PM
I'm in boarding school now and sometimes I get attacks in class. I hate it so much, don't know how to deal with it.

Let Me Be a Pony
April 20th, 2015, 11:11 PM
You tried breathing slowly? Looking into the sky kind of helps me, I get my anxiety when other people look at my face.
Also, you can try writing stuff if you can. Writing random sentences helps. Make up stories in your head and write them down, it should keep you from thinking of your surroundings.
Oh, and listening to music helps a lot!

Echelon
April 20th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Have you gone to see someone about it like the nurse?
( I know, they suck a lot. Thankfully, I had my family and friends around to help me get through it. Have you talked to a friend? )

Abhorrence
April 21st, 2015, 01:29 AM
I'd speak to your teachers so they are aware of it and you should be allowed to step outside the class while you deal with it. Trying to cope with an anxiety attack in front of a bunch of people is extremely difficult so this might be the best way. Plus the teachers could also refer you to someone who could help.

Mil1dreded
April 21st, 2015, 04:40 AM
Yeah as has been said try and control your breathing step out of class for 5 mins and try to block everything else out and also visit the doctor and see if they can help when I was getting panic attacks they prescribed with beta blockers which kind of slow you down a bit