PDA

View Full Version : Random Number...

ValentinClarke
April 13th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Yesterday, I had a random number message me, and I don't know who it was. They knew every single thing about me, and the one person who knows all those things, denies it profusely. This person was very scary in what they said, and they said things in a way which could be construed as threatening. They refuse to talk on the phone, and imply that they are not human. How can I chase up this number?

Uranus
April 13th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Just call the police.

ValentinClarke
April 13th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Just call the police.

I thought about that, but it could reveal my sexuality and other secrets about other people to my family, and I don't want that.

Vermilion
April 13th, 2015, 01:18 PM
It's likely to be someone you know. You could check the number with other friends. But the police would still be the best choice. I don't mean to sound rude but people always find out things you thought know one would ever know.

Uranus
April 13th, 2015, 03:22 PM
I thought about that, but it could reveal my sexuality and other secrets about other people to my family, and I don't want that.

Which do you prefer? Letting others know your true sexuality, (Which they will definitely find out one way or another), and find out who your stalker is, OR, have something really bad possibly happen?

Meh Guy
April 13th, 2015, 04:35 PM

You should talk to the police, not only will they be able to help, no one will know you told them because they'll be able to trace the number. So really you have nothing to fear. By the time this "person" knows that you said something, the police will have arrived at their door.

Ridonks_CB
April 13th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Which do you prefer? Letting others know your true sexuality, (Which they will definitely find out one way or another), and find out who your stalker is, OR, have something really bad possibly happen?

I agree completely, especially if this continues

SethfromMI
April 13th, 2015, 07:25 PM

Thomas is right. this sounds very serious and I would call the police

jessie3
April 13th, 2015, 07:30 PM
You could try searching the number up online. When ever i get calls from numbers i don't know i always go to Spokeo and look them up, but with your situation i would call the police.

NickTheStar
April 13th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Hm... Before going to the cops try and guilt trip the person. Also watch them cuz thats some shit you do when on some weird ass european drugs or light hallucinogenics. If that doesn't work go to the cops. If you feel the person you are positive did it will use the information will use it to harm you I would suggest gathering info on him therefore neither burns the other for risk of getting burned. If none of this works I'd go to the cops. If you need help or want to talk pm me.

ImCoolBeans
April 13th, 2015, 09:28 PM

Thomas is right. The longer you wait, the more potential danger you're bringing upon yourself.

WanderingHeart
April 13th, 2015, 09:49 PM
You should definitely call the cops. It most likely is someone you know and it is wrong for them to do this to you. Go to the police.

And as for your sexuality and such, I don't think the police will be too focused on that.

Andyyy95
April 14th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I agree what other people have said, definitely contact the police (and definitely block this number if you can), as you don't want to be putting yourself at risk.

In terms of your sexuality/secrets, I don't think the police or your family would be too interested as such - at the end of the day, they just want you to be ok.

As for trying to find out who did it, I personally wouldn't bother, it could just make matters worse. I'd leave it down to the police to sort it.

mrjc
June 8th, 2015, 07:59 AM
agree with everyone, call police and bar number from your phone

Hey_123
June 10th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Block the number if you can and call the police