PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop.

Sendhelp
April 12th, 2015, 10:36 AM
I'm sorry in advance.
I constantly get the urge to hurt myself, and it's not very often that I give into that but when I do it's awful. I can't stop thinking about it and it seems like no one can help. People say to just stop, but it's like they don't understand. I'm constantly alone so that doesn't help things. I'm just looking for help and for someone to talk to.

Abhorrence
April 12th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I understand how frustrating it can be when the only advice people can give is to "stop" when they don't understand the haunting you feel in your mind. Honestly, from personal experience, I only stopped when I wanted to. I still have the urges and I've been having them really badly lately but I'm trying hard not to give in because I don't want to give in. I want to do it for myself and also I'm going through therapy right now. I'd suggest you seek help from a professional, they do truly help.

SethfromMI
April 12th, 2015, 06:16 PM
^ yes go see a professional. some specialize just in helping people with self-harm problems. a problem like this you really do need to get some sort of professional help. I wish you the best

xXoblivionXx
April 12th, 2015, 07:25 PM
the urges take a long time to go away but the key is learning other ways to deal with your emotions than to take it out on yourself. Getting help and the support that you need is key in recovery. One doesn't just get over self harm, they can't just stop. It's a journey. And I'm going to tell you, relapses happen but it's a part of recovery so never get discouraged. You can do it and we are here to help/advise/talk/support you.

Dorythegingersnap
April 13th, 2015, 07:23 PM
First of all, I am here if you need someone to talk to about it. I already went through the whole process of stopping, I just have mainly the lingering urges. Secondly, it will not help for you to try to do it on your own. You need someone to keep you accountable, but you also need someone to encourage you to pick yourself back up when you drop the ball. It isn't easy, but it's so worth it to not have to hide where you are cutting, and to be able to say "I haven't cut in a year"

jenni31
April 29th, 2015, 03:33 AM
yes you can stop and it is very challenging and it takes a lot of courage and commitment to stop. there are meds out there that help you however if you really want stop flying your true supportive bestest friends and talk to them when you have the urge to cut they will be there for you and you're more than welcome to friend request me and I will accept after I go over a hundred and the same for you

hyperdude
May 3rd, 2015, 03:26 AM
I understand.. If you cut yourself then the pain is moved over to your skin, your arm... Instead of feeling a pain inside your soul... Heart ... you can feel it in your skin... Its much easier to handle.... I cut myselh sometes.