PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried...?

MadManic
April 9th, 2015, 06:48 PM
I got out of the shower and saw my mom's bottle of cycobenzaprine which is a muscle relaxer and i just swallowed five of them. I wasn't looking for a high it was just impulsive. Then in my room i have a bottle of oxycodon which is an opiate i was prescribed so i took one of those impulsively as well. I'm not sure what i wanted to get out of this but should i be concerned...

James Dean
April 10th, 2015, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't take any medicine that isn't mine without consulting the person first. I guess if you don't feel ill or sick then I would just take it as a warning and probably control yourself and get assistance with this issue. Abusing pills is a big deal and I don't want you to get sick from doing this. You should only take medicine when you need it, not because you feel impulsed to do it. If there is a certain medicine you want to take for health reasons, talk to you mom.

Meh Guy
April 10th, 2015, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't take any medicine that isn't mine without consulting the person first. I guess if you don't feel ill or sick then I would just take it as a warning and probably control yourself and get assistance with this issue. Abusing pills is a big deal and I don't want you to get sick from doing this. You should only take medicine when you need it, not because you feel impulsed to do it. If there is a certain medicine you want to take for health reasons, talk to you mom.

This is really true. It concerns me that you had an "impulse" to swallow five random pills for no reason. Even if you know what they do it can have unintended effects. Pills are something you don't want to mess around with, many of the drugs and chemicals in them can and will be lethal in large/mixed doses. If you get these impulses again, you should really considered talking to your mom or doctor because you may have some sort of addiction.