PDA

View Full Version : Relapsed

MadManic
April 8th, 2015, 10:37 PM
i relapsed tonight and i cut so deep. it needs stitches but that can't happen… i don't know what to do i'm so disappointed in myself, i thought things were going well..

Abhorrence
April 9th, 2015, 06:36 AM
If it needs stitches then you should seek medical help, it is important that all cuts are properly treated otherwise an infection could happen which leads to very bad problems. Don't worry about the relapse, realise that you've made a mistake and move on. You can do this.

SethfromMI
April 9th, 2015, 07:40 AM
I hope you got medical treatment. if you need stitches you need stitches

Vermilion
April 9th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Like the other's said if you need stichest get them. Don't worry about the relapse it's part of the battle. Think about the next step not the past.

Uranus
April 9th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Get some stitches. I know that will be hard considering they will ask why you have a nasty cut. But get some. I have a nasty scar on my elbow from falling on some rocks and I refused to get stitches and I'm stuck with it. Please get some.

Dying Ember
April 9th, 2015, 11:10 AM
It's important to get stitches if you need them, infections are very dangerous and with a deep cut its very easy to get one.
Relapsing is okay ,its all part of recovery to relapse and you should be proud of yourself to have got this far. Are you getting help for the self harm and does anyone know about it? This might also make it easier to get medical treatment for this particular cut

Meh Guy
April 9th, 2015, 08:10 PM
i relapsed tonight and i cut so deep. it needs stitches but that can't happen… i don't know what to do i'm so disappointed in myself, i thought things were going well..

Yes things have a habit of turning rather ugly rather fast. You will need to get some stitches if its that deep. Infections will only make it worse, and it can be much worse. I understand that your parents/guardian might question what happened, but if you really can't tell them the reason, just deflect it. Don't refuse to get stitches just because you don't want anybody knowing. As for your relapse, don't worry about it. People fall down hundreds of times before they get it right, it's all about wether or not you choose to stand back up. :)