PDA

View Full Version : I have writers block help me omf

fairmaiden
April 8th, 2015, 07:04 PM
everytime I try and write a story I can't. it's like i have writers block ugh

does anyone have any good story ideas I could use? i feel like if I had a nudge in the right direction I'd be able to write lots and lots.

xXoblivionXx
April 8th, 2015, 08:56 PM
I met an author once and I asked him how he dealt with writers block he said that writers block is when your walking down an ally and you approach a brick wall, you can't go under, over, or around. The problem isn't that you can't get past the wall, the problem is that you went down the wrong ally

fairmaiden
April 8th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I met an author once and I asked him how he dealt with writers block he said that writers block is when your walking down an ally and you approach a brick wall, you can't go under, over, or around. The problem isn't that you can't get past the wall, the problem is that you went down the wrong ally
Thank you, I'll definitely keep that in mind :)

Snydergate
April 8th, 2015, 10:45 PM
The way I deal with writers, block. Although it doesnt work for everyone. I will pace in a circle for a good while and just think about what I'm writing. I was doing it earlier today in fact. Other times I step away for a few hours and maybe watch a movie or two that might have some slight relations to what I am writing about and it might give me an idea or two

Hudor
April 9th, 2015, 06:42 AM

That's great advice actually. Thanks :)

And OP when i have a writer's block i tend to leave the work for a while and take my mind off it by watching movie, listening to music or sleeping. Then when i feel my mind is reasonably clear i return to the work.

trustn01
May 3rd, 2015, 11:33 AM
Usually, when I already have written something, erasing the last paragraph helps me get past writers block.
When it comes to good ideas, just pay close attention to your dreams. Write them down if need be.