But one demon remains, one in disguise,
One that silently seeks your demise,
That urges to hang from your neck a rope,
It is the demon, the demon of Hope

This demon it waits, it acts like it's good,
It treats you like all good things should,
But will mislead you to think all is well,
To never know, it is a demon from sent hell

This was inspired by a friend I recently made, whom I have drawn very close to due to our soul-mate-ism (Not sure if she sees it that way though :( ), and in one of our first soul-soul conversation we talked about demons, and she said her worst was hope. The demon that gives you hope that all is well, hope that everything is good, hope that she could get her crush to like her, and then bring everything down.

The reason why I believe Hope CAN, but not always, be a demon, and I believe she sees this as well, is because Hope will often build you up. It will build your hopes, dreams and beliefs higher and higher, and if it was built on unstable grounds, they will come crashing down far harder, than if hope was not there in the first place.

Hope is good, but not always. As a certain character once said "The path to hell is paved with good intentions". Not all things that seem good, are as they seem. PEACE!

Doc. Maestro
April 7th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Also, thank you to everybody who has commented well on my previous posts! You have honestly helped pick me back up, and given me the confidence to write these things, whether they be good or bad. This one I honestly believe is a little bit below my standard, but it's a bit rushed (lame excuse lol). I just hope you enjoy, and you can expect many (hopefully) works in the future, thank you! <3

SethfromMI
April 7th, 2015, 01:16 PM
dark but deep . another well done job

Vermilion
April 7th, 2015, 02:42 PM
It's really good and the message about hope I love. It's truly from the heart.